windows media player doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

rastafariporto

[LEFT][RIGHT]i've got the windows media player 10 with all the codecs installed but i can't play any music or film. it appears an error-message saying that i don't have the necessary codecs to play. i've already tried to installed it again and download more codecs but the problem remains.

does anybody know how to solve the problem??[/RIGHT][/LEFT]

mmm....
Stop using crappy Microsoft software and download something decent and free like winamp at uh... winamp.com

If that doesn't work you still haven't got the right codec (codecs are shared between any media players, it could be MP10 is buggy, and doesn't pick it up)

If your media has an avi extension it might most probably be a divx compression which you get at uh.... divx.com

If all of the above doesn't work you should give me some more info....
1) What are the extensions of the media that doesn't play?
2) Is it all media that's not playing or only certain media files?
3) Does your sound work in general?

Is the probelm only limited to windows media player?can you play these files in another player like winamp.if you cant play these files anywhere then you might want to check your drivers.try and roll back wmp 10 to the older default wmp and see if that works.

the problem is only on wmp i can play them in other players and the sound in general is very good. the "only" problem is that wmp cant play any file.

i have installed the encoder media 9 but still doesnt work

then uninstall every version of wmp player you might have installed 10 or 9 from the add/remove programs screen and go with windows default and see if you can get any audio then.

well you might have installed too many codecs or codec pack and now they are conflicting but there is a slim cahnce of that.there are utilities like gspot or something like that,that tell you which encoder has been used to encode the video and which codecs you'll need.its worth a try.you'll have to explain in which files are you getting the message i.e there format and encoder and what the error message exactly says.does it happen on all the files (mp3,divx,wav,wma,mpeg2-4,avi)????or is it limited to only the some.there shouls be an error code you're getting,check that error code out in microsoft's windows media troubleshooting section.

hey you might want to check out these:

msmvps.com/chrisl/articles/14322.aspx [url]www.moviecodec.com/topics/3395p1.html

go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=41134 [url]www.computing.net/windowsme/wwwboard/forum/45166.html

thisbeitz.com/index.php?p=8

hope these help.

windows media player doesn't start

hi everyone,

i'm new.

When I was trying to delete some malicious software from my computer, my problem started. After that when I opened wmp it gaved error as "An internal application error has occurred" and it didn't started. After that I installed wmp 11 and I configured it but it didn't open. Then I uninstalled wmp 11 and it converted back into wmp 10. But still giving same error. I try to uninstall it too but in the add/remove list it doesn't appear.

Please help ...

i cannot tell you how to solve the problem without having to install windows all over again, but i can tell you that its not possible to unistall wmp alone and none of the sugestions above worked...(at least not for my problem)
It looks like windows created a bug and thinks you don't have the necessary codecs although you have them.

check for spyware infection that's one of the most commun causes for problems related to wmp... but i can't guarantee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back