Windows no longer loading

Hi,

I purchased my Vaio 4 yrs ago and it never let me update to anything above Windows 7. It would crash every time no matter what. My vaio never came with any type of disk and if I remember right , I thought one of the f keys had the programming that the disks used to carry but I cant remember which one it was. It had worked for me up until yesterday. It literally just quit and is now saying its unsupported. It will not let me use my restore point or anything. I've done everything but a factory reset - any help would be greatly appreciated thanks! :)

"I purchased my Vaio 4 yrs ago and it never let me update to anything above Windows 7." - I gather you have a Vaio laptop which is still running Windows 7. Is it updated to most current version of Win 7?
"It would crash every time no matter what." - can I suppose that you mean when upgrading from WIn 7 to Win 8 or Win 10 - or do you mean something else? Were there messages? beeps?
"but I cant remember which one it was" - check Vaio website for manual for your model - if older than 4 years, check Sony Vaio using link provided https://us.vaio.com/support/
"It literally just quit and is now saying its unsupported." - please describe what 'it' is - laptop, operating system, internet connection, update website, support website, specific program, etc?
Do you have a backup of your data files (contact, photos, documents, etc) or do you wish to make such before your machine is wiped (may require mechanical disassembly and connection of hard drive to another working computer)?

Back