Windows partitions

terry5880

Hi all was wondering when formatting by pressing the relevant key hence f4 f10 f11 etc during the install some laptops ask do you want to install on 1 hd or both what is the best option

also when doing it by disc and u get to part where u can see partitions and u got say 4 1 says oem 1 says system others just say like how much space is left on hard drive
what is best to do as normally I delete all so there is only 1 then format that 1 what is the best or professional way to do this .. thanks in advance

Best way (if wanting a fresh, clean, ordinary PC) is to delete all partitions and install Windows on only the one that remains - like you described.

Thats what I do bud but then was told no u should never delete a certain one as its the drivers etc or something like that ? thanks for reply and any more help would be great

If you install fresh Windows, and then install the latest drivers for only the stuff you need, you'll have no problems.

Thats what I do bud but then was told no u should never delete a certain one as its the drivers etc or something like that ? thanks for reply and any more help would be great

On a mass-produced PC by Dell, HP, etc etc yes there will be a hidden partition which is your re-install partition (which rebuilds your PC to factory original condition). That install will obviously also contain all the correct drivers for your original hardware. So when people advise not to delete all partitions, that is one they're referring to.

Ok I think I get iti normally instal via the factory reset like f3 f4 etc but some times thats not there so I use discbut then also some times on a f4 f3 factory reset it says do u want to do both partitions that confuses me I just click yes

Back