Windows Right Click and AntiVirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessa_jr

Hi!!!

Good Day!!!

Can anyone teach me how to enable and disable the windows right click. So you can right click on the desktop or task bar using your mouse and how to disable it.

And also can anyone suggest me a good Antivirus except avg. I tried the already Nod32, Panda, Norton and BitDefender.

Thanks in advance

If you want free antivirus then Kapersky, if you don't mind payimg then CA's E-Trust antivirus.

The right click is part of the Windows Operating system to open a Context Menu. You're going to have to be more specific in your question.

Are you saying nothing happens when you right click on the Desktop of the Taskbar? Does the system crash? Do you get an error message? If it's desktop, right click should bring up context menu with at least 'arrange icon', 'refresh' possibly Nvidia Display option, 'New' which opens to numerous choices' and Properties which open Display.

It is possible that you have DivX loaded on your system. The current version of DivX apparently has problems with SP2, and will cause Explorer to crash out when you right click. DivX are a brand name of products created by DivX, Inc. (formerly DivXNetworks, Inc.), including the DivX Codec which has become popular due to its ability to compress lengthy video segments into small sizes while maintaining relatively high visual quality. If you use some media players or games, they may use this feature.

To disable desktop right click,in the registry,go to Start/Run/type:regedit /ok

then find -

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

Look inthe right pane for "NoViewContextMenu"

Double click that and change the 0 to a 1 (0 = right click menu, 1 = no right click menu)

Restart computer.

There is also a Group Policy (gpedit.msc) option somewhere,if you can find it.

Avast is the standard free alternative to AVG

@Bobbye

Sorry, Im talking about the registry key policy

@Rik

I Already try CA but I dont like it, Is kapersky is as good as AVG. Any other suggestions. thanks

@Po'Girl
Thanks its working but I can still able to right click at the taskbar, do you know or anyone know how to disable it. Thanks again in advance

Yes back up the Registry (Export) if your going to mess with it.
Can you right click My Computer and post a snapshot.
Are you still haveing a problem with this.? What exactly do you want it
to do ? Do you happen to mean a right click of a file says (Scan for virus) ?
Thats normal if you have one installed.

jessa_jr said:
@Po`Girl ...right click at the taskbar, do you know or anyone know how to disable it.

Just above "NoViewContextMenus" is "NoTrayContextMenu"

That disables the tray,Start button,and clock right click menus.

There must be something that does the whole taskbar.

I`ll keep looking.

Taskbar options

Right click the taskbar and select propertys.
You will see the attached for options.

@zipperman
Thanks for the info, I already know that. Im talking about the registry key policy that been post by @po'girl

@po'girl
Thanks you very much its working and for answering my post. Do you have a suggestion for a good Anti-Virus

I think Po`Girl already mentioned "Avast" anti virus,in his/her first post :)

That`s assuming you don`t get on with AVG.

The best AV is being careful on the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back