Windows System error 102 event ID 1003

Status
Not open for further replies.
My pc keeps blue screening and when i check event viewer it gives me the above error message however i checked the dump file and have no idea what is causing the error. I've attached a copy of the dump files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

when do the blue screens appear, regular operations or while watching movies, gaming etc? 90% of blue screens are caused by drivers, so if you recently updated you might want to look into rolling back, reinstalling or looking for beta solutions.

It happens randomly during regular operation. I reformated the hard drive and reinstalled xp, I was in the middle of installing service pack 3 and BOOM blue screen. now it keeps crashing ad random times. The pc belongs to friend of mine and she was having the same problem with it and gave it to me to look at. When the computer crashes it boots up into the BIOS and says something about the CPU being too fast or something like that.

I'm willing to bet that one of the memory modules may be faulty. Try running Memtest overnight or removing a RAM module and see what happens. If it's not the memory, I would advise to clear the CMOS by removing the battery and setting up the BIOS with default factory settings.

That's what i initially thought, I removed one of the memory modules it seemed to be fine, but then i gave it back to her and it did the same thing. I only removed one module though, I didn't replace the other one. The pc has 2 512mb memory sticks. Where can i find the memtest program?

Oh, and I'll try removing the cmos battery and set up the bios with factory defaults and see what happens. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back