Windows will not start in normal or safe mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi, i started to load a program and then windows froze and went to a black screen and stopped dead. turned off computer and tried to reboot and nothing. hit f8 key, tried to boot in safe mode and nothing, tried restore and nothng, tried safe mode again and it started to run but stopped dead at following:

windows\system32\drivers\viaide.sys and sat there.......

can not get into the command prompt, can not use last known good configuration andcan not restore

system came preinstalled and i do not have a windows xp home edition disk to repair

is there anything i can do ??????

You are not giving us much to work with such as what programs you were trying to download when you got the message. Viaide.sys - Generic PCI IDE Bus Driver:
Control Panel> System> Hardware tab> Device Manager> Check the status of this device. You may need to troubleshoot from there.

IF you cannot get into the system, you are going to need to get into the BIOS right after the logo loads by pressing the appropriate key for your system right after the logo, before the place when Widows would load. Once in, change boot sequence to boot first from the CD, next from the hard drive. Put the Widows XP CD in and access the startup> see if you can boot into the Recovery Console.

windows will not load

well i cant even get to windows to start to load, ihave to hit the f8 key for anything.
when i try to go to safe point it stops at the viaide.sys point and does nothing futher with no xp home cd i dont know what to do.

i was trying to load a copy of corel picture shop and when it was starting all this happened. i think the program was bogus and there was some type of virus there

sounds like u need a copy of WindowsXP, so u can reformat and reinstall Windows. I would say to backup what was needed to keep but if u can't get into windows that would be worthless advice.

well i am gonna chuck the cheap piece of sh*t computer and invest in a new computer. there was nothing of real importance on it. right now i am using my presario which so happens comes with a xp recovery cd. the computer with the virus was an emachine which was a bad purchase decision on my part. you get what you pay for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back