Windows XP Black SCREEN

Status
Not open for further replies.

NFSFAN

Hi all, I have a problem with Windows XP PRO SP2. When i turn on my computer, the boot screen with XP logo shows up the bar moves no problem, but just before getting to the login screen it gives me a black screen. After a couple of restarts it works. Can someone help me it is very very annoying. It's been happening for 3 weeks now :mad:

let it set with this screen on for awhile may be a dll software error
I had the same problem when I loaded nero incd had to do a few reboots and when I deleted the app it went away.

I dont understand, i do have NERO 7 PREMIUM, but InCD is not installed. It gets very annoying when it does that and i let it settle for like 2 hours, and nothing happens, and i do not want to reformat since i have a lot of data and games and work. Is there any way to get rid of this because it is very annoying, and it is starting to give me creeps

On the chance that some other component of Nero 7 is causing the problem, what about installing a Nero 7 update? Visit the Nero website for it.

what version of nero
I had to downgrade to 7.0.1.4
the newer version did not work on my xp spk2 machine
I don't use nero for video editing just iso burn and moving watching
yes it could be some other driver thats currupt
can you use xp System Restore or last known good condition
good place to check is your event viewer

go into bios and disable stop boot error for disc
as I said before you may have to let it sit on this screen for about a minute windows is doing somethingin background that neds done probubly a one time thing and you may be interupting this process
I'm thinking it is software related issue and you have a bugging driver
you may want to do a memory test just to be through

I just noticed you have another issue posted here I think they are related
pull the dvd drive out and see if it boots up fast
and most newer MB's have this in bios may be called something else
like halt on
if you loaded new firmware to the device it may not be a pio control but a dma control device ???????
check your alcohol V drive setup it may have a version like incd that is running
I use alcohol but I unmount the device before shut down
xp does not like vitrual devices even those written by M$

hi, i have read your post, and i have a ASUS P4C800 Deluxe motherboard in the bios settings i can't find anything like "halt on", the DVD drive is on DMA Multi-word 2, not in PIO; there is no point in putting it on PIO :knock:. I did upgrade the firmware on my Sony DDU1613 drive, but why put it on pio. ALCOHOL has nothing to do with InCD :evil: I always unmount

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back