Windows XP Boot Error Blue Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yesterday, I did a windows chkdsk and cancelled it manually half way through. This morning I tried to log on and got constant blue screens with lists of errors, none of the boot modes will work (safe mode, last known config etc). I have a windows XP home edition disk and I'm currently looking for a way around the error with the repair tool. The only other change I can think of is installing the SP3 update, but it ran fine after this. Does anyone have any ideas of how to fix it, preferably without formatting, as I will need to backup various files.

It may seem a silly question, but I would appreciate help as soon as possible.

Thanks!

The error is 0x00000024 (0x00190203,0x871CDA28,0xC0000102,0x0000000). No I haven't changed any software/drivers recently, If I try to install windows on D:\ could I access the files I need on C:\?

Have you tried running Chkdsk /r from the recovery console? It usually fixes ntstatus code C0000102.

C0000102 STATUS_FILE_CORRUPT_ERROR {Corrupt File} The file or directory %hs is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the Chkdsk utility.

It doesn't seem to run chkdsk in its entirety or maybe I'm just doing it wrong :p

img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc01569bz1.jpg
img254.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc01570wq2.jpg

screenshots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back