Windows Xp Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skrappy213

Well to start it off i had a vista program(the ones that convert ur pc to the vista theme) well i decided to removed it from my computer once it was over, it said that another program has made a change to my windows and that i needed to put in my Windows Xp disc to fix the problem..Well i did and the setup came up so what i did was click Install Windows Xp Home Edition and it asked me if i was a new user or i was upgrading, i clicked upgrading everything was going fine it reboot itself then once it was done installing it went to a blue screen and gave me "PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA" since it said if it was the 1st time this had happend to just restart and thats what i did...but now when i restart it goes to a black screen and tells me which operating system i want to start "WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION" or "WINDOWS XP SETUP" well when i click windows xp home edition my desktop just makes a beep noise and it doesnt stop and it frezzes in that page and when i click "WINDOWS XP SETUP" it does the same thing makes the beeping noise but then in a black screen it says "SETUP IS INSPECTING YOUR COMPUTER'S HARDWARE CONFIGURATION...." In the same page it gives me the option on which setup i wanna run, It gives me the option to to press
F8 and that gives me the options to :"Reboot,Restart computer to last time it was working,and much more that i cant recall" NO matter which one i click it takes me back to the black screen that tells me which one i want to run
"WINDOWS XP" or "WINDOWS XP SETUP" and when i click either one it just makes that anooyin beppppp....i dont know alot of computers so can anyone plz help me out on how to fix it?? i guess it has to do because i already had windows xp and i tried to download it again in my system.To whoever reads this long topic thank you for taking the time to read.

I know the pack you are talking about and it warns that it replaces system files if you install it. when you put the XP disk in the drive you should not have had it start installing XP that was not needed. so now you are stuck with the problem you have. what you need to do is delete the exisitng partition, create a new partition and then format it and install windows.

Yeah your right i shouldn't had put in the Xp disk and installed it..because right after the removal of the JoeJoe program the computer was working right for like 20 minutes but as soon as i did what i did.It just mess up.How do a delete the existing partition?and how do i create a new one?and format it?

Boot from the XP cd butdont press F8. choose install windows you will come to a screen that will allow you to delete the existing partition and then create a new one.

What do you exactly mean? Because like i said i have 2 options to run "Windows XP" or run "Windows Xp setup"but every time i try to click either one it starts making a beeping noise...So how exactly can i boot from the XP disk???

ok i notice that when your installing windows xp is normal for it to go a black screen and say "SETUP IS INSPECTING YOUR COMPUTER'S HARDWARE CONFIGURATION...." but is it normal to make the beeping noise?and how long does this usually take ??to go to the next page of the setup?

it can take several minutes at the inspecting configuration screen and I have never had one make any beeping noises at that screen.

could it be that my hard drive is corrupted? this is very confusing since dont know alot of pc's.I wonder why im having this problem.Is it because i tried to installed windows xp when i already had it in my system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back