Windows XP iand Outlook intermittently hanging, unable to join Interwise events

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ilanao

I am running XP Pro and the first problem I am having is that the system hangs intermittently. Sometimes if I wait 5-10 minutes, things will suddenly start opening and closing. If I hit CTRL-ESC, applications that I have clicked on after the freeze will appear on the screen and then freeze up. I run Ad-Aware daily and Spybot 2-3 times a week. I have scanned for viruses with McAfee (which I have currently uninstalled), AVG free, and TrendMicro. I reinstalled Windows yesterday and have also reinstalled all windows updates including SP2.

The second problem is with Outlook. After I enter my password, it starts receiving mail. When it is finished, it hangs. If I hit CTRL-ALT-DEL, the cursor pops up and lets me continue.

The last problem is with the Interwise program. Everytime I try to join or view an event, the error message "student.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close." My son missed 15 minutes of a class on Sunday because we couldn't enter the event. I downloaded the Interwise program to my laptop and it runs fine.

My HijackThis log is attached. I would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks,
Ilana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back