Windows Xp Machine randomly restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a pentium D dual core processor on an Asus p5LD2 Deluxe motherboard with an ATI graphics card and two western digital 80 gig SATA drives raided in mirror. This is a computer I use for work, its our main server type that holds our accounting software and some documents, the software isn't big but the computer needs to stay on for everything to work properly. I'm having a problem where the computer randomly restarts, it was happening about once a week for a long time, the computer is about a year or so old, and it's been doing it for a long time. but recently it has seemed like it has become more frequent. At first i blamed it on heat, so I put a new cpu heatsink and fan, and it still happened, so last week I increased air flow by putting in more fans, and now the thing seems to be restarting more then ever. There is one error code in the event manager (I don't remember which one since I'm now home). I searched that in these forums and found something along those lines but it didn't help. I have the minidump from the last restart, another weird thing is that I set it not to restart on errors and it seems to have done it anyways. If it were the power supply, would i still get an error code in windows?
Heres the minidump if anyone can help

Thanks In advance

Oh another note, during it's last restart it somehow lost the dll's for the raid and now the sata is acting as IDE, So I'm now thinking the restarts may have to do with the raid driver, but then it restarted after that but it was late on friday and I didn't feel like dealing with it.

Thanks Again,

Hello, AbsoluteZer0, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a look at the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, it may be a good idea to reinstall windows if it's messed up drivers some how. I don't think that you would get an error code in windows if the power supply was the problem, try googling the code and see what you get.

Another thing you could try is follow these instructions and see if it helps :)

I went through that list of things to check before I posted. I guess I should try installing, what should I do about drivers? Install the latest ones, or just what came on the motherboard CD?
Sorry and has anyone been able to look at that minidump, i rather do what I can before reinstalling

You'll need to post a few more minidump files. In the meantime you can try updating the sound drivers. File info.

BugCheck 1000007F, {8, 80042000, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : RtkHDAud.sys ( RtkHDAud+179614 )
f40b5000 f449a000 RtkHDAud RtkHDAud.sys Fri Sep 23 18:56:25 2005 (4333DF59)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back