Windows XP Media Center Edition - Blue Screen Crashes

Soccerzubs

Hi,

I have been experiencing some blue screen errors lately. They occur while playing PC Games and I want to narrow down the the actual problem.

I have included the minidump file and in my Event Viewer it is saying "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000ea (0x88d45020, 0x8a4118a8, 0x8a2fa588, 0x00000001)." and Error code 000000ea, parameter1 88d45020, parameter2 8a4118a8, parameter3 8a2fa588, parameter4 00000001.

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• Mini122210-01.zip
    66 KB · Views: 2
Is your video graphics onboard (i.e. built into your motherboard) or do you have a dedicated card?

Okay, your issue is with the driver igxpmp32.sys which is an Intel Graphics Miniport driver belonging to your Intel onboard graphics. If you bought this system go to the manufacture's website, find your exact model, and update to the latest onboard video drivers.

If you built this system update from your motherboard's website for your exact mobo model.

I found the latest driver on the Intel site for my graphics card and I downloaded and installed it and it seems to be working fine, it did not prompt me revert back to my old driver. Everything seems to be working fine right now, thank you.

Excellent! Please keep us updated and get back to us in three days or so and let us know if stability contnues (or not). Thanks.

I still seem to be getting the crashes. They are a lot less frequent but still occur, I attached the last two crashes I got.

Attachments

• Mini122610-02.zip
    45.5 KB · Views: 1
Same as before.

Don't go to Intel. Follow these previous given directions: If you bought this system go to the manufacture's website, find your exact model, and update to the latest onboard video drivers.

If you built this system update from your motherboard's website for your exact mobo model.

Hmm, but Intel has a newer driver update for my graphics card. But I went ahead and installed Toshiba's latest driver and I still had blue screen errors. Now this error seems to come up.

"The driver ialmrnt5 for the display device \Device\Video0 got stuck in an infinite loop. This usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly."

Attachments

• Mini122710-01.zip
    26.4 KB · Views: 1
Upon further research the issue could lie with your chipset drivers. Go back to your system manufacture's website and update to the latest chipset offerings.

I found an update for the Intel Chipset Software on the Toshiba site and that seemed to have fixed the problem from the last two blue screens I received. I did receive another blue screen, I'll attach the file. Sometimes instead of the blue screen my laptop switches to the default VGA driver and I have to restart it to fix the resolution and get back to normal.

Attachments

• Mini122710-01.zip
    39.9 KB · Views: 1
All three errors are the same 0x000000EA: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER
A device driver problem has caused the system to pause indefinitely (hang). Typically, this is caused by a display driver waiting for the video hardware to enter an idle state. This might indicate a hardware problem with the video adapter, or a faulty video driver.

This was the same error code as your previous file and they all point to the video driver ialmdev5.dll which was cited previously as well.

How old is this system? Have updated the BIOS?

I just updated the BIOS with the Intel Chipset. Interesting observation I only get these blue screens now when I am starting up the program and loading the screen. Once the game is loaded it works perfectly but the hang up is when it is loading and trying to get the game running. This laptop is about 3 years old and I think Toshiba and Intel have both given up on this model. I decreased the hardware accceleration and uncheked enable write combining in the troubleshoot tab of my display settings, that has seemed to stop the loading problems and allows me to start up the game properly now. Other than that I think I may have to invest in a new computer or at least a new video card. Thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it.

Sorry for the delay but I was with my family on a short family Christmas vacation. :)

Good work on your part. A friend and I were talking just yesterday how somany laptop models seemed to be designed as throw away tech after 3 to 4 years.

If you are going to PC game then many of us suggest that a PC is the way too go and laptops do other important tasks. If you do ever decide to build yourself one I strongly suggest inquiring at our General Hardware forum. You'll get some great help and advice.

Make sure you answer these two questions: 1. What is your budget? and 2) What do you want this system to do for you?

Back