Windows XP Pro Control Panel and other problems

Tommyrocket

So I've got a few issues to look at here. Sometimes when I right click a file, or anything really, there's a good chance that explorer.exe will come up with a crash and a lot of my taskbar items will disappear, and others might appear, like "Volume". Volume is one that appears after that and plain doesn't come up at start sometimes.

The other issue is related, but it happens when I access the control panel to Add and Remove Programs. Shortly after opening it and about to click something I may want to remove, it shows Explorer.exe and an error message and crash details if I click the details button. I know in my last crash, it included some dll file in the "Mods" area of the message.

Adding on to my first paragraph, one of the things that the crashes also close is my NVidia graphics control panel in the toolbar, one that allows you to change graphics profiles and the like. I'm sure most if not all of you are familiar with it.

Anyways, help with this issue would be greatly appreciated as it has plagued me for quite some time now and I believe it may be registry related. I think it's occurred ever since running an IObit program to fix the registry and also other changes to try and improve performance. Since then I've uninstalled Advanced System Care and the others.

Thanks in advance for any advice given.

Back