Windows XP slow startup

Status
Not open for further replies.
O.K. all I have searched every where and done everything that all the threads I have read and web pages I have gone to told me to do. Windows XP still had a start time of 5 min. and 10 sec for a full boot, in fact the more I tweeked the longer it took to load.

Happy news though, do not know if this will help anyone else but this is what I did.

first I went to http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicefg.htm
I did all the tweeking there that it told me too. I used the "SAFE" list and the "Internet Gateway" list to my satisfaction.

I followed his other tweeks that he suggested and then used the bootvis program.

" All of which failed for the time being..." in fact it made my computer load slower with each thing I did.

Finally I started getting the lastest upgrade to all my hardware.

"All of this failed as well for the time being..."

As a last resort I went in and flashed my bios and upgraded it.

And low and behold my boot time went from 5 min. and 10 sec. to 30 sec. for a full boot.

wooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo.....

As it turns out all the tweeking did help it never booted that fast before the problem lol...

Maybe with all viruses and worms and what not that everyone has been getting, it has caused some problems and then again maybe not.

Hope this can help someone... I see many people saying that XP is having a long startup time and having lots of problems. Mine did also. good luck and cheers all...

I find it quite disturbing that users need to flash BIOS in order to fix software.

If you ask me, the software should be written so that it doesn't require this kind of action. (hint: Linux ;) )

But anyway, thanks for the information, maybe it'll help someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back