Windows XP/video card is buggy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomorrow_Rains

Processor - AMD ATHLON XP 2800+ (2.01 GHZ)
Mobo - Asus A7N8X-X
RAM - 2.0GB
PCI SLOTS - 4
AGP SLOT - UPTO 8X SUPPORTED
1X 500GB HDD
1X 1.5 TB HDD
1X FLOPPY DRIVE
2X DVD MULTI LAYER BURN DRIVES
Vga - ATI RADEON 4650 HD (AGP) 1GB

Well, to put this simple my only problem at the moment is that after getting my video card to work i've noticed that its very buggy, for example when i move my mouse across the screen it has like mini second pauses and when i open programs it has mini second pauses it's very weird i have experienced it before but the registry isnt the problem because i have a brand new instalation of windows.

Can anyone help me solve as to why my Desktop is Buggy I have all of the updates for windows (Sp3) and My video card has the latest drivers. When i go to my Task manager it usually runs from 1% to about 30% but never over and even if the system is idle at 5% it still bugs allot.

help!!

Is this a new install? A new AGP card in an older system.. tell us more about configuration

System SPecifics

Okay so what happened originally is that XFX sent me a new card as theirs was defective its a brand new card ATI brand when before i had an NVIDIA.

Its a new card in an old System, it took me a while to get it installed because the computer would not boot up but now it seems to be running Fine except for the Buggy profiling.

Please let me know if you need any more specifics i will be more than glad to provide examples like

when im extracting files it jumps from 16 hours to 10 minutes, then back to 25 hours then to 2 minutes, and the whole time the computer is freezing, and unlocking, freezing and unlocking.

Okay so i ran a chkdsk, and memtest and also i ran a windows Speed diagnostic tool. It tested everything okay, but i still feel like my video card is being really buggy, But then again when i try to extract anything from winrar it takes about 2 hours when it used to take just ten to thirty minutes, (The files are 5 - 10 gigs) And the reason it takes so long is because every two seconds it passes by in winrar it freezes and then goes again then freezes and keeps going like that. it doesnt lock my whole computer down only winrar i can still access everything else moderately fast. ofcourse with 2 second freezes inbetween. Can anyone help?

It appears your sysem would benefit from a complete reinstall. I would use a new hard drive, then copy over the files you need once the new setup is complete the way you like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back