WinXP Pro BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

mewi

STOP: 0x0000007E ( 0xC0000005, 0xBA4F2750, 0XBACF3430, OXBACF312C )

Hello, this error began right after I updated my WinXP Pro to SP2... I tried to figure out the problem by uninstalling... updated MOST of my drivers ( including bios ) For my new MotherBoard. Then reinstalled SP2... and recieve the same error. There is however one PCI Device that I cannot identify to be updated... The only information it gives me is "PCI Device" I have a feeling it has something to do with SLI or PCI-Express.

But I find it strange how SP2 gives me this BSOD where as SP1 did not.

Safemode/network mode work fine.

System Specifications:

MotherBoard: ASUS - m2N32-SLI DELUXE
Video: ASUS - EN8600GTS SILENT 256MB DDR3
RAM: 2x Corsair - DDR2 XMS2 1GB
Processor: AMD64: Dual Core - AM2 - 5600+
Hard Drive: Seagate - IDE - 40GB - 7200RPM

I believe it has something to do with my motherboard drivers, So anyone have any idea whats up?

I have not read the article so I do not know if there is a fix or suggestion for you, but it seems to be related to your issue. Also, if you want to dump SP2 for the time being, why not run a repair installation?

Actually just as you posted I read this article... and now I completely agree with it and I am 99% sure this is my problem. I used a PQI image which was created off from an intel proccessor PC. So what do we do about sysprep? Is this problem solvable without re-installation with original discs?

Unfortunately my XP discs are not present due to letting a friend borrowing them ( 3 years ago? lol ) So I cannot run a recovery console from disc... I simply used the old PQI image file from my previous system to install WinXP Pro.

Any crafty solutions/suggestions are welcome XD

Zenosincks said:
I don't have any crafty solutions/suggestions that are welcome on the airwaves here ;).

Well thats fine, that was just a joke lol. Any logical non invasive solutions would be welcome. Do you know if it's possible to fix my problem?

Everything "broken" always has a "fix". It's simply a matter of whether or not the "fix" is found :).

Personally, I can't really think of anything off-hand that is of use to you, sorry.

Wait until the morning when more TechSpot members are lurking about, perhaps will have something for you.

Zenosincks said:
Everything "broken" always has a "fix". It's simply a matter of whether or not the "fix" is found :).

Personally, I can't really think of anything off-hand that is of use to you, sorry.

Wait until the morning when more TechSpot members are lurking about, perhaps will have something for you.

Good News! It would seem I got into windows after deleting ALL registry values/folders that had "Intelppm" in it ^.^

Now to figure out what driver this PCI Device is and how to get the driver lol as well as solve a few event viewer problems hehe. I'm so happy I finally am not using a 10 year old computer! lol

Anyone good at solving Event Viewer errors?

Edit: Oh yeah personal thanks to Zen for his replies, Thanks ^.^ =3

Lol, no reason to thank me, I did nothing for you.

You're better off just posting the errors rather than ask if anyone is good at solving them :).

Check out something like Everest to identify the PCI device.

Congratulations on solving the issue yourself :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back