Wired LAN connects, but not wireless

spkenny

In a nutshell, I have a dell inspiron laptop that will say connected to a signal, but the browser will only say web page not found. At first I thought it was a browser issue, but then found it connects just fine with a hard line setup via a lan cable from the router. I have ran scans with malwarebytes, spyware doctor, avast, kaspersky internet security, and ad-aware externally finding a few infections. I also have uninstalled the wireless driver, and reinstalled from a fresh driver download from dell. Still says 'connected' on the wireless, but the browser says 'cannot find web page'. My wireless network is working fine as I have 4 computers hooked up wireless and working fine. I also have tested the laptop on surrounding signals to be sure it wasnt just something about my network the laptop didnt like. same results all around.
Any ideas what to try next?

let's get some documentation of the configuration.

Connect via Ethernet and then attempt to also connect the WiFi (ie both at the same time).

Now get a Command Promt (Start->Run) and then enter ipconfig /all >myTCP.txt

Attach myTCP.txt to your follow-up and describe the OS and Version of your system.
  • Has the WiFi EVER connected to your router?
  • Have you used your system at a hotspot (assuming a laptop)?

Back