Wireeeeesss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cypher2006

Right i have problems lol, i was cleaning my pc out and the wires that make the power button work were in way so i pulled them out not knowing that there are like 6 tiny ones i thought it was just one whole one i tried putting them back in figuring it dont matter which pin the go on, but i think it does because i have no led on front and the reset button doesnt work my manual doesnt says what should go where because this pc was ready made from local supermarket does anyone have any help?

Does the pc have any brand names on it at all ? Does the switch have a name on it ?
Can you ask the supermarket who makes the pc ? Someone must know about the wiring of that switch.

The pc is made by Time motherboard is VIA where else woudl i find names, on the wires? i can try tommorow its late now but i will try and look for names on the wires or something thx for reply tho man i appreciate it

Dude, The wires are supposed to be color coded. Check it and if that doesn't work, send it back the the place of purchase and ask for help. Or better yet, buy a new, roomy case.

ok man i will look 2moro, if i cnt find anythin maybe i should just try different combinations because once there in the right ones it should work no? can i play with the combinations with the power on or should i turn pc and then try them

It would have to be a Time computer wouldn`t it.They went out of business 6 months ago.You`ll just have to hope you come across someone else with a Time pc(All their stuff is the same).Unless anyone else has any better ideas.Fiddling with the wires with the power on is definitely not a good idea.

hmm wont try wires with power on then, i did get the system about 3 years ago tho, when i knew very little about computers now i realised its cheaper to build your own which i will do when i get some cash, im currently waiting on a temp 40gb HDD for this pc and New PSU this pc will be goin to my dad

Alrite dude, i believe you're talking about the cable that goes off your motherboard to your power switches etc rite? now those 6 pins should have some tiny writing thats very close to it or directly next to each pins that says something like led+/-, pwr, rst, hdd or something similar like that (its been a while since i cleaned my comp.. so i forget..). Now, the cables coming from the switch and various leds should have a small writing on one side saying where it belongs. You would normaly match that up and presto. Altho one word of caution is to make sure you put exactly + with + and - with - and type with type etc..
if you're still unsure just tell me of any writing you see or send me a pic.. or you can wait till tomoro when i'll open up my pc and install my new 200GB HDD :p

N3051M

:D umm on the side of the connectors it says restart etc and on the motherboard i can see it says hdd led etc, i tried matching them up but now my restart button works and so does the power button that is all i wanted to work soo everyone thanks for your help i dnt really mind about Led's not working lol as long as this hunk of junk works its all good :d cheers ppl

Case Closed :D

well for one you have to make sure that the + - sides of the Pins match the headers that you are connecting to most system board the lettering or the + - will face the top of the system pointing towards the power supply. hdd is hard drive then there will be a reset then a system speaker usually alot long than the rest. then power led not hard to find just hard to put on sometimes.. if you take just the power led and the hdd led and the reset and get them on then test the sytem you should be ok.. just make sure not to have the sytem on when you are doing this.. and also make sure to ground yourself to the chassis of the system so you don't static shock your components.. good luck man..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back