Xbox Game Pass Ultimate includes PC and Xbox games for $14.99 per month

David Matthews

Staff member
What just happened? Microsoft unveiled its Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. This subscription combines Xbox Live Gold and Game Pass for both Xbox and PC games. PC gamers get their own Netflix-style library in addition to the Xbox games. This could be a major deal for gamers who play on both PC and Xbox.

After Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella teased Xbox Game Pass for PC during an earnings call last year, the company formally announced in May that it was coming. Microsoft also introduced Xbox Game Pass Ultimate which bundles Xbox Live Gold and Game Pass. Now at E3 2019, the company has announced that Game Pass Ultimate will also include PC games. This is great for gamers who play on both Xbox and PC.

For just $14.99 a month, subscribers can get access to a library of games for both PC and Xbox. This is important because it appears that both platforms will have its own library of games (in addition to the Play Anywhere titles). If you add up the cost of Xbox Live Gold, Game Pass for Xbox, and Game Pass for PC, it comes to around $25 per month. The bundle saves about $10 if you play on both platforms. Of course, PC gamers who don't care about console gaming can purchase a regular Game Pass subscription for $4.99 per month.

For those who already subscribe to Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass, Microsoft is using a "conversion ratio" to calculate how long your Ultimate plan is based on how much time is left on your current subscription. This conversion chart also applies to any future codes that you apply.

This deal could be further enhanced by Microsoft's Xbox All Access financing plan that allows customers to purchase an Xbox One, Game Pass, and Xbox Live Gold for one monthly fee. For PC gamers, imagine if this deal was extended to Surface products such as the Surface Book 2 and Surface Studio, computers that have legitimate gaming chops.

As far as a list of PC games included, Windows Central has the full list but some standout titles include:

• Rise of the Tomb Raider
  • Sunset Overdrive
  • ARK: Survival Evolved
  • Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
  • Hollow Knight
  • Shenmue I & II
  • Metro Exodus
  • Wolfenstein II: The New Collossus
  • We Happy Few
  • Halo Master Chief Collection

Metro Exodus and Hollow Knight are huge additions that should please fans of those games. Microsoft also announced that Ultimate subscribers get Gears of War 5 Ultimate Edition instead of just the Standard Edition.

Microsoft is launching Xbox Game Pass Ultimate today with an introductory price of just $1 for the first month.

Permalink to story.

Cheaper to buy the games used.
Pray tell, how are you to buy these games used on PC?
You can get them for pennies on the dollar during sales. Most of these games are available cheap then.

I cant see paying $180 a year to rent titles, Especially given the current selection of indie titles (worth 10-15$ on their own), launch titles that are just OK (and again, available for 15-20) and a few AAA titles that are still asking for launch price two years later. For $15 a month I would expect access to all the newest titles.

Used games, you can't buy them anymore. You never really could once digital took over.
You can buy some games when they go on sales but you could be waiting months or longer depending on how low of a sale you are looking for.
People will say will you can buy keys, no thanks. Those sites that sell them are riddled with either viruses or the way they got the keys isn't legit aka stolen credit cards and the like.

Some people wont like the service, well then it's not for you. But I think tons of players will and do want the service. As time goes on it will get better just as Steam did, they weren't a success overnight.

The more options a gamer has the better it is for the community. We have the power to choose what and how we want it. But because you don't like something doesn't mean many other will too, some if not many others may like it a lot. As a whole we are united, as individuals we are fragmented pieces of bigger piece.

I will not do this now as it is not worth it as I have too many of these games already on either platform but when next gen comes 100% for sure.

Gass is no-go for me. And another ms take on paid gfwl. Console players had little choice, thankfully on pc they can't enforce this thing.
And as most me genes will come to steam, I'll wait for sale. If there will be any game from them worth my money that is.

Used games, you can't buy them anymore. You never really could once digital took over.
You can buy some games when they go on sales but you could be waiting months or longer depending on how low of a sale you are looking for.
People will say will you can buy keys, no thanks. Those sites that sell them are riddled with either viruses or the way they got the keys isn't legit aka stolen credit cards and the like.

Some people wont like the service, well then it's not for you. But I think tons of players will and do want the service. As time goes on it will get better just as Steam did, they weren't a success overnight.

The more options a gamer has the better it is for the community. We have the power to choose what and how we want it. But because you don't like something doesn't mean many other will too, some if not many others may like it a lot. As a whole we are united, as individuals we are fragmented pieces of bigger piece.
I shows you don't have any experience with those sites at all. Please stop lying and spreading false rumors.

when you go to those sites like cdkeys.com for example, you do not get a file, a game, a download. just an image or a text with the cd key on it so you can redeem it to the store its linked too. You can't get a virus. Thats not true at all.

What you can get though is the risk of losing your game on on platform. That is the risk a person will take when buying from those 3rd party sites which happened in the past and will continue to happen in the future.

The reasons I've seen in the news is because a distributor, publisher or developer never agreed to give the keys or got stolen and they have no choice but to cancel all keys. Search for g2a for example, that website is so fishy in so many ways. In other words, just be careful and accept losing your game if you don't pay on the "official" platform and you'll be fine.

To my personal subjective opinion, cdkeys, gamingdragon, g2a (ya I know right ?), and some others I cant remember on top of my head.

$4.99 a month, I can see myself canceling my F1 TvPro ($7.99) in favor of this one, F1 is really corrupted and boring these days...

I have 4 months left on my XBG subscription, and when I paid the $1 to beta the XBPassUltimate, it upgraded my remaining 4 months! I now have access to both XboxPass on PC and Xbox free for 4 months! Great deal MS! Thanks!

Back