XP:SP2, Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, This is my first post, so be kind. And, I would like to say hello to ALL of the community!

I have been getting the following error:
0x00000050 (0xBAD0B154, 0x00000000, 0x805887A4, 0x00000000)
After rebooting, MS website said something about caused by a devise driver. I can't find any drivers that are not up to date.
If anyone has suggestions I would appreicate it ~ Thanks again!

0x50 errors can be caused by defective main memory, video memory, etc., ncompatible software such as anti-virus, and other hardware issues.

I suggest in your next post to attach your minidumps to see if we can help you find a more definitive answer.

How to find your minidumps:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files. We need the files and NOT the whole folder. See the button below Manage Attachments.

minidumps

Hi Route44,
Thank you for your reply. You didn't say how far to go back. So I'm posting the most recent minidumps. The last error msg prior to this event was Aug 29, 2007. I can post more if that would be helpful. I just didn't want to overcomplicate matters. The entire minidump file is like 4+ mgs. and covers 012707 thru 010808. Like I said haven't had error msg since Aug.
Anyway Thanks again! I mean that! ~

Attachments

• Copy minidump.zip
    59.4 KB · Views: 9
All three minidumps point to ADSMonitor.sys which is a driver of Earthlink software and it has something to do with Active Defense Shiled. There is not a lot on this but if you google the driver there is a good link to someone else having this very issue.

All you may need is to update your driver.

Googled....

Hello Route44,
I googled the ADSMonitor.sys driver and read all eight Results.

The first two were ads for "Registybooster" by Uniblue.

The third and forth Were from TechGuyforum.org:
The tech person "Devil_Inside" debugged the minidump and suggested -
"Uninstall "ADSMonitor.sys" - Aluria, Active Defense Shield, Registry Monitor
Update Your Drivers For SoundMax".
I can delete the "ADSMonitor.sys" file but I am not sure of what procedure I need to perform to update drivers?

The fifth result seemed most promising due to the description of Problem and software on computer. But I could not read the comments becuse it is a pay site. I may go back and join if I can't get answer here though.

w w w_experts-exchange.com/Microsoft/Applications/Q_22713236_html

1) Do I locate and delete "ADSMonitor.sys"?
Note: I do have the Earthlink Protection Contol Center. Howvever, the Active Defense Shield is an extra fee which I do not subscribe to. EPCC may work without it.
2) How do I Update drivers?

On another subject are programs like Registry Mechanic and Registybooster worth the money? Or is that just inviting trouble with a novice user like myself?

Thanks~

First: I really know nothing about those programs but I say stay away from programs like Registry Mechanic and Registybooster. They so very often carry malware/spyware/browser hijacks. I know because I speak from very painful experience. Can you say reformat? :D Unless it is a trusted program by a good solid tech savvy community don't fall for their gimmicks.

Hmmm, you don't have ADSMonitor.sys and yet it shows up in your minidumps. I suggest contacting Earthlink's tech support and tell them of your crashes and how your minidumps point to this driver. I'd also relay that you didn't think you had it because you didn't pay the fee for it but lo and behold it shows up and is causing BSODs.

Let us know if it is resolved or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back