Yahoo! Mail abnormal functionality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pazuzu

I have a Yahoo mail account. Over the past few days I have noticed a strange error. When I go into the inbox the top (most recent) 34 messages display but when I scroll down the rest ( I have 128 messages in total) show as "loading". even if i go back ten minutes later they are still not displayed. I uninstalled Yahoo messenger & went to access via mail.yahoo.com - still the same problem. there also was a problem with messages I marked for deletion not deleting but I have not checked that today.

You could try clearing all offline content and cookies of your web browser. Sometimes the locally-cached scripts and information conflict with the stuff on the server when the server software has been updated.

I haven't been able to do anything in Yahoo mail for weeks. Several weeks ago when I signed on, I was switched to Yahoo Mail Beta. I didn't want it, I didn't ask for it. Ever since then, even if I sign on the Basic, I get several error messages-something about "shortalias", then java error.

I've had the same account for years and changed nothing. The few times I've been able to access the account, when I click to open mail, only the header displays, no message. And none of the functions like delete' will work. If it was my mail email program, I'd be very upset, but it isn't so I'm waiting for Yahoo to work their problem out.

Yahoo Mail Probems - not alone

Thanks for suggestions. I have had some error messages before relating to "missing links" or some such.
Now I am reassured that it is probably their system causing problems I will just wait to see if they sort it out.
Like Bobbeye, I was quite happy with the old version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back