Yet another dreaded page fault in non paged area

Oh why does this happpen? *bangs head against wall*

system specs:
cpu: intel core i5-3470
motherboard: asus p8z77-v lk
ram: 8GB DD3 on one stick
gpu: nvidia geforce gtx 660
psu: Corsair CP-9020039-NA650W 650W.
^It's a new PSU, I already replaced another one which I thought was unstable and might have been the cause of the problem. Nope, not this problem anyway.

BSOD happens at exactly the same time during boot sequence right before the welcome screen is supposed to show up. Same thing in LKGC, so I am currently booted in safe mode. No resent system changes were made. The problem is old, it seems to begin some time after the installation of windows either after some windows update or after a driver installation, it's hard to tell because at first it is non-invasive and happens only infrequently. I've tried to track down which particular driver or update causes it to start happening thus far to no avail. So I tried to just ignore it for some time, but it seems to have randomly decided to up the ante and now it happens 100% of the time so normal boot is no longer possible.

There's over a hundred drivers and probably around a thousand windows updates, there's no way I can restart windows 15 times after each one of them to make sure it wasn't the cause of it... I desperately need help tracking down the piece of **** that is responsible for it. I know it doesn't happen on the fresh installation of windows.

The following steps were already tried:

running memtest. Result: after it passed twice I decided it wasn't worth to continue running. Something that can past memtest twice should not be able to crash my system 100% of the time.

doing a "diagnostic startup", in other words disabling all services and startup programs. As expected, it didn't do anything, since the crash seems to occur before the said services and programs even start loading.

system restore of course did nothing at all

Tried disabling the page file. Interestingly, now it would just restart my system upon booting without even giving any BSOD. I then re-enabled it as system managed.

Tried selectively disabling drivers which I thought might be the cause of the problem. After almost completely killing my ability to boot into anything, I've eventually been able to use the system restore to reverse my changes, so here I am in safe boot again. Lesson learned: I can't just disable drivers at random and hope I hit the right one.

Minidump is attached just in case.

Also worth mentioning that back when the computer was still able to load, the system would be mostly stable but once in a while, perhaps once a week, it would just randomly either freeze up entirely or pull a cold reboot without any BSOD screen. Not sure if it's related.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 042813-8002-01.txt
    299.2 KB · Views: 2
The proper way to attach a readable minidump is to go to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. Select all the .dmp files and right-click sending them to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload that folder as a file here...

You want all of them? No problem, I just thought the latest one would do. Here they are. I hope it helps.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    211.5 KB · Views: 3
Okay, nice job on posting the minidumps, even though they are all the same...
"...since the crash seems to occur before the said services and programs even start loading"... This points to a hard drive issue as well as do the minidumps. What is the make and model of the hard drive(s)?

I have two.
The first is Kingston HyperX 3K 90 GB SATA III 2.5-Inch 6.0 Gb/s SSD.
This is the system as well as pagefile drive.

The second is a Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 7200RPM SATA 32 MB Cache HDD.

I've ran chkdisk on the first, didn't seem to show any errors.

Btw here's the driver list, perhaps that can help.

I'm pretty sure I've tried disabling H+H drivers and uninstalling it entirely and it didn't help, though I can try again just to be sure.

Is there a way to be sure?
It's a brand new drive basically, chkdisk finds nothing, and it produces the same kind of error at precisely the same time during boot, and never afterwards.

You don't think it's a driver issue?

Back