Very actively developed, this latest version includes a new split-window MyTorrents view with support for categories and advanced downloading / seeding / queuing rules for powerful and automated torrent management, a customizable user interface, seeding from read-only media, and significant reductions in resource usage.
The multiplatform Vuze client greatly extends the original python client's feature set, with: managing multiple downloads at once from a single GUI window, detailed real-time download statistics with export to XML, advanced download and seeding management rules, configuration and torrent creation wizards, embedded tracker for easy and automated hosting of your own files, PeerGuardian IP address filtering, web browser and console UIs, 27 available languages, a powerful plugin interface, and much much more.
- Multiple torrent downloads
- Upload and download speed limiting, both globally and per torrent
- Advanced seeding rules
- Adjustable disk cache
- Only uses one port for all the torrents
- UPnP sets the forward on your router
- Can use a proxy, for both tracker and peer communications
- Fast resume
- Can set a default download dir and move completed files
- Can import torrents automatically from a set dir
- Highly customizable interface
- IRC plugin included for quick help
- Embedded tracker, host your own torrents, automate your shares (periodic scanning of a dir)...
- Distributed Hash Table: host on it a completely decentralised torrent and/or benefit from it when the tracker is offline.
Many useful plugins are available:
- Auto-adjustment of your upload and download speeds according to your network charge with Autospeed
- Auto-download torrents with RSS Feed Scanner
- Schedule upload and download speed limits with Speed Scheduler
- Receive a mail when a download finishes with Status Mailer
- Add numerous info on torrents (Extra seeding columns, Country Locator)
- Remote control Azureus through the Swing Web Interface or the HTML Web Interface
- Swarm merging support across torrents that share common files for faster downloads
- Improved chat via the ‘Friends Plugin’ enables instant conversations in a decentralized setting
- Torrent’s menu has been revamped to include general fixes and improvements
- Ability to play on local-DLNA devices for better streaming over your personal network
- A basic quick-options plugin bar view
- Support upload/download disable for Tag rate limits
- Support .vuze files in the plugin installation wizard
- Added some subscription settings to the sidebar context menu
- Explicit browser configuration option for non-public content
- Option to hide do-not-download files in the Files View
- Right-click menu option in Peers View to kick a peer without banning them
- Support for output redirection from console UI commands
- Swarm merging – http://wiki.vuze.com/w/Swarm_Merging
- Option to automatically select files for ‘do not download’ based on file type suffix
- Device transcodes can now be auto-shared and tagged
- Complete, percentage and age added to Tag constraint language
Apps similar to Vuze (formerly Azureus) for Mac 3
Now the lightweight power and performance of µTorrent available for your Mac.
BitTyrant is a new, protocol compatible BitTorrent client that is optimized for fast download performance.
Protocol for distributing files. It identifies content by url and is designed to integrate seamlessly with the web.