Alternatively you can download the latest stable version of this software.
- Highest compression ratio in new 7z format with LZMA compression
- 7-Zip is free software distributed under the GNU LGPL
- Supported formats: 7z, ZIP, CAB, RAR, ARJ, GZIP, BZIP2, TAR, CPIO, RPM and DEB
- For ZIP and GZIP formats 7-Zip provides compression ratio that is 2-10 % better than ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip
- Self-extracting capability for 7z format
- Integration with Windows Shell
- Powerful File Manager
- Powerful command line version
- Plugin for FAR Manager
- Localizations for 47 languages
- 7-Zip File Manager now can operate with alternate file streams at NTFS volumes via "File / Alternate Streams" menu command.
- 7-Zip now can extract .zipx (WinZip) archives that use xz compression.
- new optional "section size" parameter for BCJ2 filter for compression ratio improving.
- Example: -mf=BCJ2:d9M, if largest executable section in files is smaller than 9 MB.
- Speed optimizations for BCJ2 filter and SHA-1 and SHA-256 calculation.
- Console version now uses stderr stream for error messages.
- Console version now shows names of processed files only in progress line by default.
- new -bb[0-3] switch to set output log level. -bb1 shows names of processed files in log.
- new -bs[o|e|p][0|1|2] switch to set stream for output messages;
- o: output, e: error, p: progress line; 0: disable, 1: stdout, 2: stderr.
- new -bt switch to show execution time statistics.
- new -myx[0-9] switch to set level of file analysis.
- new -mmtf- switch to set single thread mode for filters.
The BUG was fixed:
- 7-Zip didn't restore NTFS permissions for folders during extracting from WIM archives.
- The command line version: if the command "rn" (Rename) was called with more than one pair of paths, 7-Zip used only first rename pair.
- Some bugs were fixed.
Software similar to 7-Zip Alpha 3
Free, open source archiver featuring volume spanning, authenticated encryption and compression in several formats. Supports 7Z, 7-Zip, ACE, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, CHM, CPIO, DEB, GZ, ISO, JAR, LHA/LZH, NSIS, OOo, PAQ/LPAQ, PEA, QUAD, RAR, RPM, split, TAR, Z, ZIP.
The latest beta of the powerful archive manager. Create and decompress RAR, ZIP and other files downloaded from the internet.
WinZip is bar none, the most popular and useful file compression utility out there.
- Free to Try