TwistedBrush digital paint software with complete natural art tools. With a strong focus on natural media painting, photo editing and illustrative styles.
TwistedBrush has more than 9000 brushes in over 250 ArtSets! That's more brushes than included in any art software anywhere at any price. If that still isn't enough you can create your own brushes with the powerful brush effects system capable of representing fine watercolors, smooth pens, full algorithmic trees or even recorded brush strokes or image processing filters.
Thousands of Brushes
TwistedBrush Pro Studio includes as standard every brush available from Pixarra. Over 9000 at last count, covering every area of digital art from great natural media to wild brushes to brushes with that can build a random tree or whole city skyline with a single stroke.
Internally a full 64 bits of color information is used per pixel to accomplish the incredible blending found in TwistedBrush.
Powerful Brush Engine
Perhaps the most powerful image editing brush engine in existence anywhere. A single system with the flexibility and performance to mimic full natural media brushes, complex blending operations, very specialize procedural object painting such as single stroke trees and everything in between. The scope of brush effects is mind blowing!
Drawing Tablet Support
Experience expressive drawing and painting with the drawing tablet support with high precision sampling and pressure sensitivity.
A large array of color palettes, including, dynamic color palettes and mixing color palettes are included or create your own palettes from sampling an existing image or automatically creating ramps of colors.
With TwistedBrush Pro Studio full brush editing capabilities are included. Using a specialized sequencing system over 400 brushes effects and 150 time envelopes modify the core brush types to produce the wide range of brushes. Share your brushes with other or import the brush codes from other users for an unlimited supply of brushes.
Layers and Transparency
TwistedBrush fully supports transparency and layers with all the standard layer mixing modes plus many unique mixing modes that can't be found anywhere else. Layers are accessed from either the layer mini bar on the left or the full Layer panel on the right.
TwistedBrush Pro Studio has extensive mask support for protecting and selecting parts of your images. Use the Magic Wand tool with the wide range of options for creating masks or use masking brushes to paint your masks. In addition to dedicated tools for masking there are masking (and unmasking) brushes as well as a special mask actions available from the Mask menu.
Extensive Tool Set
In addition to some of the tools already listed, a full range of tools are at your disposal including, Color Picker, Brush Cleaner, Selection, Crop, Move, Line, Rectangle, Ellipse, Paint Bucket, Gradients, Mask Rectangle, Mask Ellipse, Mask Wand, Image Warp, Script Brush, Copy tool, Paste tool, Text, Pan, Rotate Brush, Drawing Guides and Adjust Brush tools.
Image Processing Filters
Well over 200 image processing filters give you the tools to manipulate your photos or other work. From all the common image processing filters to exceptional filters found no where else such as the Value Blur, Photo Pop, Photo Detailer or Outliner filters. Shown on the right is the menu selection for filters. The Blur category of filters alone has 17 different types of blurs all of which can be configured is custom control panels. The depth of filters in TwistedBrush Pro Studio is amazing!
A fantastic productivity system that allows for easy storage and reuse of your clipped images and photo elements for use later.
A drawing guide that allows you to see another image below your current image. Great when used with cloning brushes or just for a guide for proportions and layout.
TwistedBrush Pro Studio Brush Control is a custom control panel that changes for every Pro brush. The brush editor allows the designer to define exposed control points for a brush to make it easy to tune a selected brush without needing to understand the details of brush editing.
With the cloning brushes included in TwistedBrush Pro Studio and available for TwistedBrush Open Studio you can do all the standard cloning actions for photo touchup or convert your photos into the look of paintings or drawings.
In addition to the TwistedBrush specific file format, TBR, all the leading industry standard image formats are supported including, JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, TGA, PCX, PSD, BMP, PCD, WEBP WMF and EMF.
Hundreds of quick and easy brush modifiers for changes the brush shape, texture, size, rotation and color combinations.
With over 40 guides drawing precise images is easy. From simple grids and snap to grids to complex 3D perspectives, all drawing guides can be layered together with 8 guides active and any one time.
Lua script filters
The growing standard of GLUAS for using the Lua scripting language for writing image processing filters is included. TwistedBrush extends the standard with additional methods for programmers to create even better filters for sharing with the TwistedBrush user base.
A one click solution for complex actions. Apply frames, advanced image processing, layouts and other tasks that might normally require significant work have been record for your easy play back.
Adobe Photoshop (TM) compatible plug-ins
Use the wide range of industry standard plug-ins right in within TwistedBrush Pro Studio.
- Added: Natural Media (2023) ArtSet!
- Added: Premium Sampler ArtSet added. 24 select brushes from the Premium ArtSets!
- Added: Ability to hide/show individual sections for the UI panels, exposed in the View menu, Quick Command panel and hot keys!
- Added: Broadleaves 1 (v4) ArtSet from Tree Studio
- Added: Flowering Trees ArtSet from Tree Studio
- Added: Report date of last edit for an image (page) in page summary
- Added: Webp image format support added for saving and loading
- Added: Insert Before Page and Insert After Page options added to Page Explorer
- Added: Option to create a reference image from clipboard contents. Found in Edit menu.
- Added: Option to create palette from selection. Available in Palette menu and selection popup menu.
- Added: Option to set the data directory for all storage. Located in the Edit menu.
- Improved: Support the longer form extension for JPEG files, .jpeg.
- Improved: Added page width and height to the main application title bar
- Improved: Added keyboard shortcut keys to the Page Explorer menus
- Improved: The layer mix mode dropdown list stays open now after selecting a layer mix mode
- Improved: Create Palette from image improved to make full use of palette
- Improved: Formatting cleanup of the Tool options panel
- Fixed: Reference image not redrawing when returning from iconic state
- Fixed: Loading a PNG with transparency not updating the layers panel properly
- Fixed: Creating a color palette is resetting all the color palettes when it should not
- Fixed: The page scroll in Page Explorer is skipping 3 pages of images, it should skip to the next page
- Fixed: PSD loading and saving isn't working in some cases
- Fixed: Raw camera image load isn't working in some cases
- Fixed: Import any image functionality missing. Now over 200 different image formats can be imported.
- Fixed: Formatting issues on many popup message boxes.
- Fixed: At start the tool options panel was displaying when it should not.
- Fixed: Resize Image dialog not defaulting to an algorithm.
- Fixed: Brush filters not setting default values in the filter dialog.
- Fixed: Lua based filters not working correctly for brush filters.
Software similar to TwistedBrush Open Studio 3
An easy-to-use image and photo manipulation application.
Speedy Painter is an OpenGL based painting software for Windows. It supports Wacom digitizers to vary size and opacity of brush strokes according to pen pressure.
Level up with smarter photo editing tools powered by AI. Experience pro quality results in a matter of seconds.
- Free to Try