Manage your partitions, install and boot multiple operating systems with ease, back up and restore partitions or entire drives – all this and more, using BootIt Bare Metal. Taking its roots from its highly successful predecessor, BootIt Next Generation, BootIt BM has been developed from the beginning to provide a powerful set of tools for today’s computer users, enthusiasts, and professionals.
Here's a list of some of the features you'll find in BootIt Bare Metal:
- Compatible with all Windows versions (9x/Me/NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008/Win7/Servers).
- Compatible with x64 (AMD64/EM64T) and Windows 64bit OS.
- Supports MBR, EMBR and GPT type partitioning.
- Direct support for PATA/SATA (AHCI) drives.
- Create, move, copy, delete, and undelete partitions.
- Optionally, wipe a partition when deleted.
- Non-destructive resizing of FAT/FAT32, NTFS, and Linux Ext2/3/4 partitions.
- Create over 200 primary partitions on EMBR disks.
- Specify unlimited primary partitions on a per-drive basis.
- Convert between MBR, EMBR and GPT type disks.
- Easily enforce Windows 7 partition alignment standards.
- Complete control over drive geometry.
- Directly edit the Windows BCD store to fix booting errors – no Windows DVD required!
- Edit small text files on any supported partition, even those hidden from Windows.
- Supports hard drives beyond 16 exabytes in size.
- and much more…
- Updated NTFS file insertion. (not needed)
Apps similar to BootIt Bare Metal 4
GParted stands for Gnome Partition Editor.
Win32-based backup and restore utility that creates a snapshot of an entire partition.
- Windows XP/Vista/7
Parted Magic OS employs core programs of GParted and Parted to handle partitioning tasks.