Windows Installer is becoming the "de facto" software installation technology on Windows. Being preinstalled on the latest Microsoft operating systems, and also bundled with the most popular productivity packages (Office, etc.) this software installer provides a significant number of power features that improve application management and administration.
This power doesn't come without pitfalls, and the most important of them all is the complexity. Creating an MSI file requires careful planning and editing of dozens of database tables.
Hundreds of pages of documentation must be read, countless lists of rules must be followed. Building a Windows Installer package may take days or even weeks. This is where a MSI creation tool comes to help.
Note: This is a unified package containing the complete Advanced Installer application, which includes Freeware, Professional, For Java, Enterprise and Architect features. Freeware features can be accessed at any time by creating a project of type "Simple".
Advanced Installer 21.0 is all about MSI packaging UI modernization. We are proud to introduce an innovative feature for enhancing the user interface of your MSI packages: MSI Embedded UI.
MSI Embedded UI revolutionizes the way you design and customize the MSI installer. It empowers every tech professional to modernize and brand MSI dialogs beyond the classical design boundaries.
You can also use the new Custom Frame Editor to match your installer background to a custom frame directly in your project, and enjoy the new Advanced Installer setup theme, powered by the MSI Embedded UI.
Moreover, you can now manage your team subscription easily and efficiently from your Advanced Installer account, and see how many seats are available, add or remove users, or reassign licenses.
New features, bug fixes, and general improvements are included in the current release. See the full list below.
- Brand new look of the Advanced Installer setup theme: Setting the standards for a new default UI for MSI dialogs
- MSI Embedded UI: Modernize and brand MSI installers beyond the classical design boundaries
- Custom Frame Editor: Match the installer background to a custom frame directly in your project
- Support to manage team subscription users from "My Account"
- Extended "AddService" command line with account options (user and pass)
- Command line capability to reserve extra disk space for components
- Set the "ProductVersion" property's default option to "Always Change" when "ProductVersion" has a dynamic source
- Order alphabetically the "Not Displayed" features
- Builds tab remains visible in the Prerequisite view after the second build removal
- "LicenseAgreementDlg" is added for the App Installer theme when using the ".NET Application" project template
- Fixed the "Undo" operation for the "Condition" fields functionality for Prerequisites
- Fixed Prerequisite download failure issue
- Machine reboot is triggered despite the "No" selection on the reboot prompt
- StackTrace appears when pressing the CTRL+P and CTRL+G combinations on the welcome page
- DLL Path Fix-up gets the folder changed when editing an MSIX package
- Upgrade of Advanced Installer with unsaved project causes Stack Trace error
- Fixed issues when rendering controls with WinUI on the App Installer theme
- Default text style was accidentally changed on Graphite theme, during a project conversion
- Prerequisites are reinstalled even if they are already installed when a reboot is triggered in v20.9.1
- Virtual machine connection failed due to incorrect shared folders configuration
- The "Readme wizard" is launched again after successfully specifying a "Readme" file
- PowerShell custom actions create empty .ps1 files in Temp directory