Windows Installer is becoming the "de facto" software installation technology on Windows. Being preinstalled on the latest Microsoft operating systems, and also bundled with the most popular productivity packages (Office, etc.) this software installer provides a significant number of power features that improve application management and administration.
This power doesn't come without pitfalls, and the most important of them all is the complexity. Creating an MSI file requires careful planning and editing of dozens of database tables.
Hundreds of pages of documentation must be read, countless lists of rules must be followed. Building a Windows Installer package may take days or even weeks. This is where a MSI creation tool comes to help.
Note: This is a unified package containing the complete Advanced Installer application, which includes Freeware, Professional, For Java, Enterprise and Architect features. Freeware features can be accessed at any time by creating a project of type "Simple".
On April 23rd, 2021 Caphyon Ltd. is proud to announce the release of Advanced Installer 18.2 in Free, Professional, Enterprise and Architect editions. This release is available for download on the Advanced Installer website.
At Advanced Installer our focus was always to simplify packaging tasks and streamline repetitive scenarios.
Updating application configuration files (XML, INI, or JSON) is one of those scenarios.
The latest version of Advanced Installer can manage JSON file updates using our dedicated JSON File Editor to configure custom entries in your JSON files, at install time, without writing any code.
New features, bug fixes, and general improvements are included in the current release. See the full list below.
- IIS: certificate per SSL binding support
- PowerShell automation support to add and remove project icon
- PowerShell automation support for editing Software Launch Conditions
- Support for using multiple triggers for a scheduled task
- Updated Virtual Path values from AppPool content to IIS 7 format
- Update MSIX schema for 20H2
- Improvements to COMs when importing an MSIX package
- Improvements to MSIX environment variables
- MSI formatted JSON: support for passing the value of a property as the name of a JSON element
- Support for testing the connection from the command line when registering with a floating license
- The JRE bundle option is disabled when using MSIX build
- Crash when building from the command line a digitally signed project using advinst.exe
- Failure when trying to edit MSIX created with the Microsoft MSIX Packaging Tool
- Missing resources that are not included in the current build stop the entire build operation
- The "Next" button is enabled on the "InstallDlg" dialog without checking the "I agree" checkbox
- MSIX installation fails when digital signing is made through Azure pipelines
- Crash when removing a session from the Repackager
- Test Installation UI does not work when the “Generate instances at install time” option is used
- COMs are discarded when editing an MSIX package
- EXE is launched in the background when the "Run as administrator" option is used