- Support for all 32-bit Windows versions in use today -- Windows 95, 98, 2000, 2003, XP, Me, NT 4.0 SP6.
- Supports creation of a single EXE to install your program for easy online distribution. Disk spanning is also supported.
- Standard Windows 2000/XP-style wizard interface.
- Customizable setup types, e.g. Full, Minimal, Custom.
- Complete uninstall capabilities.
- Installation of files:
- Includes integrated support for "deflate", bzip2, and 7-Zip LZMA file compression. The installer has the ability to compare file version info, replace in-use files, use shared file counting, register DLL/OCX's and type libraries, and install fonts.
- Creation of shortcuts anywhere, including in the Start Menu and on the desktop.
- Creation of registry and .INI entries.
- Integrated Pascal scripting engine.
- Support for multilingual installs.
- Silent install and uninstall.
- Full source code is available (Borland Delphi 2.0-5.0).
- /LOG: Now logs INI entries. Also improved logging of icon entries.
- Added new [Setup] section directive: Output, which defaults to yes. If set to no the Setup Compiler will only check the script for errors and skip creating setup files.
- Console-mode compiler (ISCC) changes:
- Added new command line parameters /DO and /EO. These can be used to disable or enable output, overriding the Output directive.
- Added new command line parameter /Qp. Can be used to enable quiet compile while still displaying progress. Contributed by KngStr via GitHub.
- ISCC now automatically specifies any Sign Tools configured using the IDE, eliminating the need to specify these using the /S command line parameter. Also contributed by KngStr via GitHub.
- Pascal Scripting changes:
- Added new function CurrentSourceFileName, which returns the source file name of the [Files] entry that is currently being processed. The returned name may include constants. Note: Do not attempt to call this function from outside a Check, BeforeInstall or AfterInstall event function belonging to a [Files] entry with the external flag.
- The already-existing StrToFloat and FloatToStr functions are now documented.
- Strings and numbers are now highlighted. Based on contribution by maldoinc via GitHub.
- Unicode Inno Setup: Added new class TStringStream.
- Inno Setup Preprocessor (ISPP) changes:
- Added function DeleteFileNow.
- Added 64-bit support to function ReadReg.
- Added official Scottish Gaelic and Turkish translations.
- Fix: [Setup] section directive UsePreviousLanguage was not working when Setup was running in 64-bit mode.
- Unicode [Code] based on RemObjects Pascal Script Git commit 97eefc260b41ba51328d95b4ed43669f38655720.
- Various documentation improvements. Contributed by jogo- via GitHub.