We aim to make it the easiest to use and most powerful tool in this category and always keep it free! So far over 7 million photo albums have been published with JAlbum and the software is started every 7 seconds somewhere in the world.
- Easy to use. Just drag and drop images and image folders onto JAlbum and press "Make album"
- Flexible. Album appearance can be highly customized through use of skins (album themes). Use or modify one of the many existing skins or create your own album look by making your own skin!
- Arrange and select images easily by using drag and drop in an Explorer-like user interface. Edit comments, rotate images and run slide shows off your local hard disk.
- Share your albums over the Internet straight from your local hard disk by using JAlbum's integrated web server. It is as easy as clicking a button. Your viewers only need their web browser to view albums.
- Publish the created album on the Internet in a snap with an integrated smart FTP and SFTP client with synchronization ability. With JAlbum you decide where to put your album.
News and Updates
- Embedded visual HTML editor! Right-click a comment or description and select "Open HTML Editor" and take it from there. Now you can style your album- and image descriptions without any HTML knowledge.
- Comes with 5 new modern user interface themes ("look and feels") thanks to the open source FlatLaf project. (The new default "jAlbum Dark" look replaces Darcula, which has become abandoned.). New looks can be added by users to jAlbum's system/themes folder.
- Icons modernized
- Now embeds xmp metadata into GIF, TIFF and PNG files as well as JPEG images.
- Made Preferences window less tall by using 2 columns for checkbox settings
- Developers: New system/base.css file providing common styles for the new html editor to all skins (prepended to common.css)
- Updated bundled Minimal skin. Thank you jGromit!
- Edits to folder titles and folder descriptions would get lost if one navigated to another folder using the folder tree without leaving the edited field first
- Minor bug fixes