JAlbum is a gallery software that makes web albums from your digital images. We aim to make it the easiest to use and most powerful tool in this category and always keep it free! So far over 7 million photo albums have been published with JAlbum and the software is started every 7 seconds somewhere in the world.
- Easy to use. Just drag and drop images and image folders onto JAlbum and press "Make album"
- Flexible. Album appearance can be highly customized through use of skins (album themes). Use or modify one of the many existing skins or create your own album look by making your own skin!
- Arrange and select images easily by using drag and drop in an Explorer-like user interface. Edit comments, rotate images and run slide shows off your local hard disk.
- Share your albums over the Internet straight from your local hard disk by using JAlbum's integrated web server. It is as easy as clicking a button. Your viewers only need their web browser to view albums.
- Publish the created album on the Internet in a snap with an integrated smart FTP and SFTP client with synchronization ability. With JAlbum you decide where to put your album.
- Introducing the new and fully responsive "Tiger" skin that's intended to replace Turtle
- New stylish dark user interface look - Darcula. (If you prefer the old look, change back under Preferences)
- New album object type: "Web locations". Web locations are objects that can refer to any web page, not just local ones. This opens for some really interesting new applications for jAlbum. See for example this albumcollecting popular TED talks on YouTube.
- To add a "Web location" to your album, drop the web page onto jAlbum or select New page->Web location. Why not use this feature to make a master album out of existing albums?
- Bundled skins "Minimal", "Base", "PhotoBlogger", "Turtle" and the new "Tiger" skin now supports Web Locations.
- jAlbum now has integrated GoogleMaps location tagging, see Edit->Location
- jAlbum can now automatically embed xmp based copyright notices on all images (Settings->Images)
- Better integration with external editors, for instance PhotoShop (alt-double click to export to choosen editor)
- jAlbum's Text effect (Settings->Effects->Text) now supports background color
- New importer to import metadata from various database backed photo management systems (see Add->From database file)
- Batch rename now supports regular expressions (select several album objects and select rename to launch batch rename tool)
- Adapted for Java 9
- "Skin family" mechanism allowing skins belonging to the same family to share the same project settings. This simplifies moving from one skin to another without having to re-enter the same settings. This applies when moving from Turtle to the new Tiger skin for instance. Just open an existing Turtle project and switch to Tiger, then make the album again. ("Skin family" is a skin property)
- Developers: New "include" and "exclude" attribute to ja:fileiterator element allowing a comma separated list of categories to be included or excluded, for instance
- Developers: New "category" attribute for ja:if element, simplifying testing on categories, for instance:
. Please replace with for better future compatibility.
- Bundled with updated Java 8u131
- Developers: new JDraggableList component allowing skin user interfaces to allow end user to arrange objects by drag and drop
- Reverted to again presenting "extensions" directly under jAlbum's context menu. (Deleted rotate items for sake of space - available in the toolbar)
- Translations for major languages updated. Thank you dear translators!
- jAlbum wouldn't start up properly on some recently updated Windows 10 systems
- Fixed error importing settings from albums published on https: URLs
- Improved handling of some malformatted JPEG images
- Native Mac file chooser didn't respect initial directory
- Fixed missing lock icon for password protected albums for accounts having more than 10 albums
- Fixed line number calculation error if line number info is missing
- Group by place now also respects xmp based GPS coordinates
- Fix for WOFF font rendering for internal web browser (Mac)
- Polished UI for Darcula
- Fixed color error on Nimbus look & feel