JAlbum is a gallery software that makes web albums from your digital images. We aim to make it the easiest to use and most powerful tool in this category and always keep it free! So far over 7 million photo albums have been published with JAlbum and the software is started every 7 seconds somewhere in the world.
- Easy to use. Just drag and drop images and image folders onto JAlbum and press "Make album"
- Flexible. Album appearance can be highly customized through use of skins (album themes). Use or modify one of the many existing skins or create your own album look by making your own skin!
- Arrange and select images easily by using drag and drop in an Explorer-like user interface. Edit comments, rotate images and run slide shows off your local hard disk.
- Share your albums over the Internet straight from your local hard disk by using JAlbum's integrated web server. It is as easy as clicking a button. Your viewers only need their web browser to view albums.
- Publish the created album on the Internet in a snap with an integrated smart FTP and SFTP client with synchronization ability. With JAlbum you decide where to put your album.
News and Updates
- New "Group by Calendar" organizer! Images can now be grouped in folders and tagged based on matching calendar events. (See Organize - Group by Calendar)
- jAlbum now remembers and navigates to the last selected object when loading a project (configurable under Preferences)
- Skin specific custom web pages (like About.htt and Contact.htt) are now added as "dynamic links"* to projects, instead of as copies. This ensures that these files are also updated when you update a skin. ("Dynamic links" means that the link updates automatically as you switch skin). In short: less ugly error messages when you switch skins in projects that have custom web pages.
- jAlbum now runs on Java 14 instead of Java 13
- Develpers: The JFileSelector component now allows file drops to its associated text field.
- Updated bundled Story skin
- Old copies of skin specific web pages are now updated on album build. (Backup copies are placed next to updated pages within the project). This significantly eases the move from old Turtle based projects to modern skins, like Tiger
- Updated translations. Thank you dear translators!
- "Generate embed code" would break the current album (res folder was emptied)
- Fix to the "Batch make album" external tool (better error reporting if matching account profile for uploads can't be found)
- Organize - Flatten was sometimes printing error messages to the system console
- Corrected help page links