MyPaint comes with a large brush collection including charcoal and ink to emulate real media, but the highly configurable brush engine allows you to experiment with your own brushes and with not-quite-natural painting. Before beginning it is a good idea to read the quick-start tutorial to see how the program is meant to be used. You can also visit the MyPaint Wiki.
- Available for Windows and GNU/Linux
- Designed for pressure sensitive graphics tablets
- Simple and minimalistic user interface
- Extensive brush creation and configuration options
- Unlimited canvas (you never have to resize)
- Basic layer support
Note: Only the source has been updated to version 1.1.0, installers are still 1.0.0
Apps similar to MyPaint 5
Image and photo manipulation software designed to be used on computers that run Windows.
Speedy Painter is an OpenGL based painting software for Windows. It supports Wacom digitizers to vary size and opacity of brush strokes according to pen pressure.
Picasa is free photo editing software from Google that makes your pictures look great.