WinSplit is especially useful for high-end LCD screens with high resolutions because it helps you to efficiently manage many active windows. As you can see on the screenshot on the right, the advantages of using WinSplit is that it saves you from having to drag and drop windows by allowing you to snap windows into specific tiled configurations using simple keyboard hotkeys.
It is also useful for owners of multi-monitors systems, as it can move a window from one screen to one other by simply hit a hotkey.
It has also been improved with some features dedicated to the active window like "taking screenshots", "applying the always on top style", "setting transparency", and many others.
Modern day monitors continually provide higher resolutions and for this reason we've developed a simple program that permits you to "divide" your screen into several parts: halves, thirds, fourths, etc... For instance, a window can be resized and moved to the left half, the right half, the top, a corner... of the screen.
Once the program is launched, an icon appears in the system tray:
To affect a window in a zone of your desktop, by default just use the pop-up frame (virtual numpad) or hotkeys on your keyboard, which are by default: Ctrl+Alt+numpad. The window's positioning respects the numeric keypad scheme. Typically: "Ctrl + Alt + 1" corresponds to the bottom left part of the screen.
See the help page for other compliant functions that have been achieved.
- Bug Fix : The settings (including the VirtualNumpad position and style) were not saved when WinSplit was closed by the end of the user's session.
- Improvement : The installer and uninstaller language will now be set automatically, regarding the system's language. The registry keys created by the previous installers has been removed, so the "portable mode" won't touch anything in the registry
- Edit : The dialog box has been put back, because of bad language detection, but the created registry key is removed in case of portable install mode.
- Bug Fix : The update and/or uninstall process fails because of a dll file that can't be replaced. People will probably still encounter problems to update to this release. If so, there is now a "Cleanup Tool" available in the download page.
- Bug Fix : The message "Impossible to install hooks" was often shown at WinSplit startup, and the checkbox saying "Do not display this message anymore" wasn't working as expected.