Feed Notifier is for you if you want a news aggregator that focuses on real-time feed notifications and leaves out all the other stuff that comes with most news readers.
- Supports all common RSS and Atom web feed protocols.
- Clean look and feel, doesn't get in your way.
- Configurable polling interval for each feed.
- Configurable popup duration.
- Configurable popup size, position and transparency.
- Configurable popup border size and color.
- Popups do not steal keyboard or mouse focus from other applications.
- Popups show item age and author.
- Navigation controls in popups to view next/previous items.
- Advanced keyword filtering options.
- Supports launching from Firefox and other browsers via feed:// protocol.
- Supports enabling/disabling individual feeds.
- Deactivates when user is idle to save bandwidth and processing time.
- Supports authenticated feeds that require a username and password.
- Supports using a proxy server.
- Displays favicon for feeds when available.
- Multi-threaded feed polling.
- Fixed caching bug that caused old items to reappear for some feeds.
- Wait if hovering: Don't advance to the next pop-up if you're hovering over it with your mouse.
- Stay on top: Now you can choose to not have pop-ups stay on top, if you wish.
- Border size: You can configure the size of the pop-up border.
- Border color: You can configure the color of the pop-up border – and this can be done on a per-feed basis to help distinguish between items from different feeds!
- Right-click links to copy the link URL.
- Allow fallback on Windows-configured proxy.
- Improved cache mechanism.
- Proxy info is encoded on disk and displayed like a password in the user interface.
- Checks for software updates every 24 hours, not just on app startup.
- 15 second socket timeout (was infinite, which caused problems with bad feeds).
- Use black text color in pop-ups, regardless of system theme.
- Use proxy when downloading feed favicons.
- Removed webkit and html theme code remnants that weren't being used.
Software similar to Feed Notifier 3
Simplify the way you read the web.
Feedreader is a free lightweight aggregator that supports RSS and ATOM formats.
FeedRoller is a lightweight RSS feed ticker. It is designed to show scrolling headlines from your favorite news sites and blogs, directly on your desktop.