Openfire is a real time collaboration (RTC) server licensed under the Open Source Apache license. It uses the only widely adopted open protocol for instant messaging, XMPP (also called Jabber). Openfire is incredibly easy to setup and administer, but offers rock-solid security and performance.
This release adds BOSH functionality for setting CORS headers and improves Pub-Sub support. There is also a new Atlassian Crowd provider! Various stability improvements were made as well.
- [OF-1672] - BOSH debug logging should consistently log to one location
- [OF-1676] - Openfire not logging in the logs on Linux systems
- [OF-1667] - Allow for Servlet Context interaction pre-session/auth
- [OF-1670] - Allow (system) administrators to join a password-protected room
- [OF-1677] - Add support for XEP-0410: MUC Self-Ping (Schrödinger's Chat)
- [OF-1285] - Create a simple option of resetting admin password
- [OF-1669] - Do not specify exact versions of MySQL in the database installation guide
- [OF-1671] - Openfire should be able to recognize plugins with longer version numbers
- [OF-1673] - Add support for XEP-0359: Unique and Stable Stanza IDs.
- [OF-1675] - Add a step about removing old files to tar.gz/zip upgrade guide