It has many uses:
- Verify that your network is set up the way you intended.
- Find locations with poor coverage in your WLAN.
- Detect other networks that might be causing interference with your network.
- Detect unauthorized "rogue" access points in your workplace.
- Help aim directional antennas for long-haul WLAN links.
- Use it recreationally for WarDriving.
- Fixed bug (introduced in 0.3.30) that caused "Reconfigure" to put ORiNOCO cards into a state where they would report no access points.
- Support for Atheros, Atmel, Intersil Prism based wireless cards. Improved support for Cisco cards.
- Allow use of Serial Earthmate GPS. (USB Earthmate should already work using NMEA and serial driver)
- If you scroll all the way to the right of the graph view, it will auto-scroll new data.
- Fixed bug (introduced in 0.3.30) in graph view: corrupted display when scrolling.
- Fixed bug in graph view: improper scroll bar tracking with large data sets.
- If "Reconfigure" is on, the Windows XP Wireless Zero Configuration service will be stopped when you start scanning. It is restarted when the application exits.
- If you connect to a network that supports DHCP, the IP subnet is reported.
- If the access point is discovered in the ARP table, its IP address is reported.
- While you are scanning, the system will be prevented from going into standby unless power is critically low.
- Large files load several times faster than before (though the really large ones still don't load fast enough).
- A whole lot of new Scripting features.
Software similar to Network Stumbler 5
The most powerful Wi-Fi Scanner for residential Wi-Fi.
WifiInfoView scans the wireless networks in your area and displays extensive information about them.
inSSIDer for Home gives you visibility into your Wi-Fi environment.
More similar downloads