As featured in:
- Rundown of Must-Have Portable Apps
- Computer Tips & Tricks Everyone Should Know
- How to Convert Audio and Video Files with VLC Media Player
VLC for Mobile is a port of the free VLC media player to iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. It can play all your movies, shows and music in most formats directly without conversion. It allows file synchronization with Dropbox, GDrive, OneDrive, Box, iCloud Drive, iTunes, direct downloads and through WiFi sharing as well as streaming from SMB, FTP, UPnP/DLNA media servers and the web. VLC offers support for advanced subtitles including full SSA compatibility, multi-track audio, and playback speed control.
- Play all files, in all formats, including exotic ones, like classic VLC media player.
- Play MKV, multiple audio tracks (including 5.1), and subtitles tracks (including SSA!).
- Support for network streams, including HLS, MMS or RTSP.
- Include video filters, playback speed manipulation, and fine seeking.
- A video media library, with WiFi Upload, Dropbox integration and optional passcode lock.
- Integration for bluetooth headsets and AirPlay.
- Supports iOS 5.1 or later including the first iPad.
- Completely free, libre and open source.
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Add support to create media groups manually
- Port subtitles support from tvOS
- Fix potential Files app hiding issue
- Improve application startup time
- Improve sharing of the library on the local network between multiple VLCs
- Minor UI improvements and fixes
- Add sorting into media collections
- Add settings to hide thumbnails and artwork
- Add "Quick actions" on media files and collections
- Fix shuffle mode
- Fix right to left experience for media players
- Fix optimize name setting
- Fix Fritzbox UPnP listing
- Fix cell height in settings
- Fix progress bar being shown for media collections
- Fix undefined media names when importing through Wi-Fi
- Fix crash with "Open in" activity for iPads
- Fix potential crash after media deletion
- Fix potential crash with external and Chromecast devices
- Rework overall edit mode layout and behaviour
- Various SMB improvements
- Various media library stability improvements