WinToUSB is a free software that allows you to install and run Windows operating system on a USB hard drive or USB flash drive, using an ISO image or CD/DVD drive as the source of installation. WinToUSB also support creating bootable WinPE USB drive, it can help you to transfer the contents of WinPE to the USB drive and make the drive bootable.
- Easy-to-use wizard interface that provides step-by-step instructions for installing Windows/WinPE on a USB drive.
- Install Windows/WinPE from an ISO image or CD/DVD drive.
- Support for Windows NT 6.x OS family (Vista/7/8/8.1/2008/2008 R2/2012/2012 R2) and WinPE 2/3/4/5.
- Use any edition of Windows 8(.1) to create Windows To Go USB drive.
- Support for MBR and GPT disk layouts.
- Don't need install WAIK (Windows Automated Installation Kit) or WADK (Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit).
- Windows Vista/7/2008/2008 R2 does not have built-in USB 3.0 support, so Windows Vista/7/2008/2008 R2 will have to be booted from a USB 2.0 port.
- USB flash drives are very slow. It takes a long time to install and run Windows from a USB flash drive, highly recommend using a USB hard disk.
- Windows To Go drives can be booted on different computers, so you can carry it to anywhere and use it on any computer.
- Windows 7 is not completely portable. You may have activation and driver problems when booting on different computers.
- You need to be an administrator on the computer you are installing the WinToUSB on.
- Windows XP or later (32/64-bit).
- Intel Pentium processor.
- 256MB of available RAM (512MB or more recommended).
- 10MB of free space on your hard drive.
- 800x600 graphic device (higher resolution recommended)
- Support for creating Windows To Go directly from a VHD or VHDX
- Add support for encrypted ESD
- Fix other minor bugs