Warning! Over The Air updates of iOS 7 are known to cause issues and jailbreak failure. Some devices are then stuck on the Apple Boot Logo. It's now too late to undo your OTA and restore to 7.0.6, but please remember this the next time around.
Jailbreaking your iOS device can void its warranty and render it useless.
- Backup your device using iTunes (or iCloud) before using evasi0n. If something breaks, you'll always be able to recover your data.
- Please disable the lock passcode of your iOS device before using evasi0n. It can cause issues.
- Avoid all iOS and iTunes related tasks until evasi0n is complete. Why not just enjoy a brief break from the computer to stretch your legs?
- If the process gets stuck somewhere, it's safe to restart the program, reboot the device (if necessary by holding down Power and Home until it shuts down), and rerun the process.
- If you get an error on OS X 10.8/10.9 saying that evasi0n can't be opened, control-click (or right-click) the app and on the revealed context menu, choose 'Open.' On the ensuing dialogue box, choose 'Open' as well.
Some Cydia tweaks are not yet compatible with iOS 7. The situation will improve as developers will update their software.
- 5 minutes of your time
- A computer, running Windows (XP minimum), Mac OS X (10.7 minimum)
- iTunes installed if you're running Windows
- An iPhone, iPad or iPod running iOS 7.0 through 7.0.6 (you may check in Settings / General / About => Version)
- A USB cable to connect the device to the computer
- support for 7.0_11A466 that shipped with some 5s and 5c iPhones
- fix problem where bundled repository package information could not be refreshed/updated by Cydia, updated bundled Cydia package lists