FileOptimizer is a lossless file size optimizer supporting BMP, DIB, DLL, BPL, DRV, LZL, SYS, CHM, CHS, CHW, DOC, DOT, FPX, MDB, MDT, MIX, MPD, MPP, MPT, MSI, MSP, MST, ONE, OST, PPS, PPT, PUB, PUZ STICKYNOTES, SNT THUMBS, DB, VSD, VST, VSS, XL, XLC, XLM, XLS, XLW, XSF, XSN, EXE, SCR, GIF, GZ, TGZ, SVGZ, JNG, JPG, JPEG, MNG, MP3, OBJ, O, LIB, A, OGG, OGV,DCX, PCC, PCX, EPDF, PDF, APNG, ICO, PNG, SWF, FAX, TIF, TIFF, PTIF, PTIFF, WEBP, AIR, APK, APPX, CBZ, DOCM, DOCX, DOTX, DOTM, DWFX, EPUB, IPA, JAR, MPP, ODT, OXPS, PPAM, POTM, POTX, PPSM, PPSX, PPTM, PPTX, PUB, SLDM, SLDX, VDX, VTX, VSX, XAP, XLAM, XLSM, XLSX, XLTM, XLTX, XPS, ZIP, AAI, AVS, FITS, JP2, JPC, HDR, HRZ, MIF, MIFF, MTV, OTB, P7, PALM, PDB, PBM, PCD, PCDS, PFM, PGM, PICON, PIC, PICT, PNM, PPM, PSB, PSD, SUN, VICAR, VIFF, WBMP, XBM, XPM and XWD file formats among others.
It keeps the behaviour of the file untouched, but with its size reduced thanks to several recompression and optimization techniques.
- Suitable for home users that need to speedup file transfers no matter if they are in email attachments, P2P or shared upload servers.
- Suitable for webmasters to increase the page load speed.
- Suitable for web developers to reduce content weight.
- Suitable for desktop developers in any platform (Windows, Linux, MacOS, ...) to reduce distribution sizes and reduce load times.
- Suitable for mobile developers (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, ...) to reduce distribution sizes and reduce load times.
- Suitable for server administrators that could integrate FileOptimizer via commandline.
- Suitable for content creators and distributors to reduce content weights.
Drag the files you want to optimize to the files grid in FileOptimizer, right click with the mouse to open the contextual menu, and then click on Optimize. This will process all supported files added, and overwrite them with the optimized version.
Alternatively you can add the files and directories to process on the program's commandline, or dragging them to the executable file. A context menu for Add files, also does it.
By default, FileOptimizer will remove additional metadata, and other unneeded information, but will keep original files in your recycle bin just in case you want to further modify the originals.
Different engines are automatically used depending on the file type:
- AdvanceCOMP 1.19 - https://advancemame.sourceforge.net
- APNG Optimizer 1.2 - https://sourceforge.net/projects/apng/
- DeflOpt 2.07 - https://www.walbeehm.com/download/
- defluff 0.3.2 - https://j-o.users.sourceforge.net
- Document Press Version 6.01 - https://encode.ru/threads/336-Document-Press-6-01
- Flasm 1.62 - https://flasm.sourceforge.net
- Gifsicle 1.82 - https://www.lcdf.org/gifsicle/
- Ghostcript 9.10 - https://sourceforge.net/projects/ghostscript/
- GNU Strip 2.21.1 - https://www.gnu.org/software/binutils/
- ImageMagick 188.8.131.52 - https://www.imagemagick.org
- ImageWorsener 1.2.0 - https://entropymine.com/imageworsener
- jpegoptim 1.3.1 beta - https://www.kokkonen.net/tjko/projects.html
- libwebp 0.4.0 - https://developers.google.com/speed/webp
- MP3packer 2.04 - https://omion.dyndns.org/mp3packer/mp3packer.html
- mozjpeg 1.01 - https://github.com/mozilla/mozjpeg
- OptiPNG Hg 20121021 - https://optipng.sourceforge.net
- PCXLite 1.0 - https://sol.gfxile.net/code.html
- PngOptimizer 2.3 - https://psydk.org/PngOptimizer
- PETrim 2.93 - https://pecompact.com/pesuite.php
- PNGOUT 02/20/2013 - https://advsys.net/ken/utils.htm
- pngrewrite 1.4.0 - https://entropymine.com/jason/pngrewrite
- pngwolf - https://bjoern.hoehrmann.de/pngwolf
- rehuff: https://wiki.xiph.org/Rehuff
- ZLib 1.2.8 - https://www.zlib.net
- zRecompress 2.12 - https://nikkhokkho.sourceforge.net/static.php?page=zRecompress
- Added HTML optimization support with tidy-html5 (Metallicow).
- Added CSS optimization support with TidyCSS.
- Added JS optimization support with jsmin (custom built).
- Added DCX to the PCX tool chain.
- Added ini option HTMLEnableTidy=false to enable tidy-html5 when processing HTML files. When activated HTML files will be optimized, and be visually equal to the original, but may prevent the to be edited.
- Added ini option CSSEnableTidy=false to enable CSSTidy when processing CSS files. When activated CSS files will be optimized, and be visually equal to the original, but may prevent the to be edited.
- Added ini option CSSTemplate=low to set compression template in CSTidy, ranging from low (safer and less compression), to highest.
- Added ini option JSEnableJSMin=false to enable jsmin when processing JS files. When activated JS files will be optimized, and be visually equal to the original, but may prevent the to be edited.
- Added EXE options tab.
- Added HTML options tab.
- Added CSS options tab.
- Added JS options tab.
- Excecute plugins passing short file names to avoid path size limitations.
- Enhanced General options tab with DoNotUseRecycleBin (DotDotDot).
- Added a Stop command to give up any pending optimization.
- Implemented a donate button in the website and in the application. Contribute with the amount you consider my work deserves.
- Reorganized help file with different sections (webfork).
- Added tooltips in ribbon buttons.
- Make about Window close with ESC and RETURN.
- Totally rewritten Messagebox management for increased accessibility and flexiility.
- Optimized internal icons.
- Replaced 7-Zip SFX installer with NSIS 3.00a2 installer (including shortcuts and uninstaller).
- Faster JPEG compression upgrading to mozjpeg 1.01 r43.
- Updated strip to 2.24.
- Upgraded to WinCHM 4.43.