Fruity Loops (FL Studio) is a full-featured music production environment capable of multi-track audio recording, sequencing and mixing for the creation of professional quality music tracks. With VST & DX hosting, a flexible 99 insert-track mixer, advanced MIDI, DX and ReWire support no musical style will be beyond your reach. Songs or loops can be exported to .wav, .mp3, .ogg or .mid format.
- Audio editing and manipulation including pitch correction, pitch shifting, harmonization, time-stretching, beat-detection & slicing, audio warping and standard audio manipulation (cut/paste etc).
- Automate most interface and all plugin parameters by recording, drawing, and using spline-based automation curves or automation generators with formula-based control of links.
- Be hosted in other DAWs as a VST or connected through ReWire.
- Live music performance including video effect visualization.
- Mix and remix audio, including application of real-time audio effects such as delay, reverb & filtering.
- Multi-track audio recording.
- Record & play MIDI input recording from keyboards, drum pads and controllers.
- Sequencing and arranging.
- Synthesizer & effect plugin hosting (VST 32 & 64 bit, DX and FL Native format)
Trigger Playlist Clips live using a mouse, touch screen, typing keyboard or MIDI controller. Supports APC20/40, Launchpad, Lemur, Block, Maschine/Mikro, padKONTROL, QuNeo, Traktor Kontrol (and more).
FL Studio and some plugins now respond to Multi-touch with Microsoft gesture functions supported.
199 Playlist tracks, increased from 99.
Linking includes MIDI input port
Links now remember the MIDI input port used to avoid conflict between controllers.
Playlist & Piano roll
Horizontal & vertical movement locking. Shift is horizontal lock & Ctrl is vertical lock when dragging items.
Glue notes, Mouse wheel velocity, Monophonic step entry mode & Chop chords tool.
Right-click data entry
Most controls now allow a Right-click option to type in values.
Right-click to open a plugin and its presets in the Browser. Start typing plugin names to highlight entries.
Page Up/Down keyboard keys cycle through the current mixer track's plugin windows.
Play truncated notes in clips restores notes overlapping slice points in Pattern Clips. Click and hold functions. GUI animation level now selectable from sober to entertaining.
- Mac support - FL Studio is now available as a 64 Bit native macOS Application. Includes Audio Unit (AU) and VST plugin support. AU plugins will scan, along with VST plugins, using the Plugin Manager.
- Time signatures - See the sections for the Playlist & Piano roll. The default Time Signature is set in the Project General Settings and Time Signature changes with Time Markers. Right-Click Time Markers and select 'Time signature'. Use (Shift+Alt+T) to set time-signatures from the playhead position or over the selected time-range. Use the on Pattern Clip Menu 'Use current time signature' to set a Time Signature based on Playlist position.
Consolidate Clips (~ Freezing) - Bounce selected Audio and Pattern Clips to a single Audio Clip via:
- Playlist menu > Tools > Consolidate playlist selection - Bounces selected Clips to Audio.
- Playlist track > Right-Click > Consolidate this track - Bounces an entire Playlist Track to Audio.
- Picker Panel > Right-Click Clip menu > Render as audio clip - Creates Audio Clips ready to use.
- Picker Panel > Right-Click Clip menu > Render and replace - Replaces Playlist Patterns with Audio.
- An 'Arrangement' is the layout of Audio, Automation and Pattern Clips in the Playlist as you added them. Use the drop-down Arrangements menu to manage multiple Playlist versions of the project (working ideas, sound design, versions etc).
Plugin Delay Compensation
- Automatic PDC now work for all normal use-cases including for Mixer sends. Manual and Auto-PDC can now co-exist. Manual PDC is applied as an offset to Auto PDC. Updates include:
- Audio recording - New audio input delay control on the INPUT menu, to fix latency issues with individual audio inputs.
- Icon colors - Automatic (Orange), Manual (Blue) or not set (gray).
- Mixer menu - Plugin Delay Compensation > Reset manual latency on all tracks - Option to reset all manually set latency values to zero.
- Metronome - Now latency compensated.
- Mixer FX Slots - Latency compensated Wet/Dry mix knob. Processing delay is now compensated when mixing the Wet/Dry signals from an effect for each FX slot.
- Continuous adjustment - Roll the mouse wheel over the time icon or latency display (Mouse Wheel) = 10 ms steps, (Ctrl+Mouse Wheel) = 1 ms steps, (Ctrl+Alt+Mouse Wheel) = 1 sample steps. Mouse Wheel works in three places: Track Input latency icon (FX panel), Track Output latency selector (FX panel), Track Output latency icon (Mixer Tracks).
- Wrapper Offset - The latency shown in the Wrapper Info can be set and saved per plugin. Use to compensate plugins that consistently report an incorrect latency.