With PS Remote Play, you can control your PlayStation console remotely wherever you have a high-speed internet connection. With this application installed on your PC or Mac or Android device, you'll enjoy immersive PlayStation gaming while being connected remotely to your PS system.
Using the PS Remote Play app, you can control your PlayStation 5 console or PlayStation 4 console from a device at a different location. For example, you can use a computer in another room or a smartphone when you're out to enjoy PS5 and PS4 games.
Control your PS5 console
- Control your PS5 console from a Windows PC
- Control your PS5 console from a Mac
- Control your PS5 console from a mobile device
- Control your PS5 console from another PS5 console
- Control your PS5 console from a PS4 console
Control your PS4 console
- Control your PS4 console from a Windows PC
- Control your PS4 console from a Mac
- Control your PS4 console from a mobile device
- Control your PS4 console from a PS5 console
- Control your PS4 console from your PS Vita system*
- Control your PS4 console from your PS TV system*
You'll need the following to use the PS Remote Play:
- PS5 / PS4 console
- Always update your PS5 / PS4 console to the latest version of the system software.
- An account for PlayStation Network
- Use the same account that you use for your PS5 / PS4 console. If you don't have an account, you'll need to create one first.
- High-speed internet connection
- As a standard, we recommend a high-speed connection with upload and download speeds of at least 5 Mbps. For best performance, we recommend a high-speed connection with upload and download speeds of at least 15 Mbps.
- Wireless controller for the PS5 / PS4 console
- USB cable
- Connect your Windows PC and your controller with a USB cable.
Setting up your PS system:
- Before using this application, you'll need to do the following on your PS5 / PS4 system.
- Enable Remote Play. Select (Settings) > [Remote Play Connection Settings], and then select the checkbox for [Enable Remote Play].
- Activate the system as your primary PS system. Select (Settings) > [PlayStation Network/Account Management] > [Activate as Your Primary PS5 / PS4] > [Activate].
- To start Remote Play while your PS system is in rest mode, select (Settings) > [Power Save Settings] > [Set Features Available in Rest Mode]. Then select the checkboxes for [Stay Connected to the Internet] and [Enable Turning On PS5 / PS4 from Network].
Using Remote Play:
- Turn on your PS5 / PS4 system or put it into rest mode.
- Connect a controller to your computer with a USB cable, or pair it using a DualShock 5 / 4 USB wireless adaptor.
- Launch (PS4 Remote Play) on your computer, and then click [Start].
- Sign in with your Sony Entertainment Network account used for your PS4 system.
- You'll need to register (pair) your PS5 / PS4 system and computer manually if you haven't activated your PS5 / PS4 system as your primary system or if this application can't find your PS5 / PS4 system. Connect your computer and PS5 / PS4 system over the same network, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- Some games do not support Remote Play.
- For details on audio input and output during Remote Play, visit the customer support website for your country or region.
Use PS Remote Play to access your PS5 / PS4 via Wi-Fi wherever you go.
- Display the PS5 / PS4 screen on your mobile device.
- Use the on-screen controller on your mobile device to control your PS5 / PS4.
- Join voice chats using the mic on your mobile device.
- Enter text on your PS5 / PS4 using the keyboard on your mobile device.
You need the following items to use this app:
- Mobile devices with Android 5.0 or later installed
- A PlayStation 4 system with the latest system software version
- An account for PlayStation Network
- High-speed Internet access (home Wi-Fi network)
- Some games don't support Remote Play.
- Games that require peripherals such as PlayStation®VR or PlayStation®Camera aren't compatible with Remote Play.
- You can't use Remote Play on your PS5 console or PS4 console in the following situations:
- When you're using Share Screen or Share Play, or broadcasting your gameplay.
- When users are using Remote Play, Share Play, or Share Screen, or broadcasting their gameplay.
- When you're playing a Blu-ray Disc™ or DVD.
- When you're using PS VR in VR mode.
- The following restrictions apply when using Remote Play:
- You can't use Share Screen or Share Play, or broadcast your gameplay.
- You can't play a Blu-ray Disc™ or DVD.
- You can't play music with Spotify®.
- Some or all video content might not be displayed on your device depending on the game or video service.
- For details on audio input and output during Remote Play, visit our support website.
With the holiday season and a new wave of exciting game releases approaching, today we're pleased to roll out an all-new PS5 system software update globally. Thanks to support from our beta participants, this update includes a number of features from the latest PS5 beta, including:
- New accessibility features, such as using a second DualSense controller for assistance
- New audio options that allow 3D Audio powered by Tempest 3D AudioTech to be enjoyed on compatible Dolby Atmos-enabled HDMI devices
- New ways to connect with other players and customize your multiplayer sessions
- Support for larger-capacity M.2 SSDs (up to 8TB).
Additionally, we're also introducing new features like support for PS Remote Play on more Android devices alongside some new enhancements coming to PS App in the coming weeks.
Newly announced features
- PS Remote Play support on additional Android devices
- PS Remote Play allows you to stream games from your PS5 or PS4 console to another device – including smartphones and tablets (iOS and Android), PCs and Mac – over the internet or through your home network. This provides you with more options to enjoy your favorite games even when you're away from the living room.*
- Starting today, the PS Remote Play app will be available on devices running Android TV OS 12.**
- Here are the verified devices so far:
- Chromecast with Google TV (4K model)
- BRAVIA XR A95L model
- To use Remote Play on these devices, search for the PS Remote Play app on your Android device to download and install the app.
- To learn more about PS Remote Play, visit PlayStation.com.
New Voice Command options (U.S. and U.K. limited release)
- Voice Command has been improved.
- Say "Hey PlayStation, help" to activate Help content. You can now navigate between help content pages using Voice Command.
- Say "Hey PlayStation, what's new?" and you can now check for new PS5 features and see the current PlayStation Plus monthly games lineup.
- Note: Voice Command (Preview) is currently available in English for PS5 players with accounts registered to the U.S. and U.K.
New PS App enhancements
- Later this month, we'll also gradually roll out some new features for PS App globally, on iOS and Android. Just like the PS5 console updates, you'll be able to react to messages with emojis and see a preview of someone's Share Screen before joining the party on PS App.
PS5 Beta features rolling out globally today
Previously announced features that were part of the beta will also be included in the global release.
New accessibility features
- Use a Second Controller for Assistance. You can now assign a second controller to one account as an assist controller, and use two controllers to operate your PS5 console as if you were using a single controller. This feature introduces a new way for you to enjoy games collaboratively with others or help a friend or child navigate a particularly challenging section of a game.
- To use an assist controller, go to [Settings] > [Accessibility] > [Controllers] > [Use Second Controller for Assistance], and then turn on [Use Assist Controller].
- You can use an assist controller when your main controller is a DualSense or DualSense Edge wireless controller, or a PS5-supported third-party controller.***
System UI Haptic Feedback. You now have the option to turn on haptic feedback effects while navigating your PS5 with your DualSense controller, DualSense Edge controller, or PS VR2 Sense controller.
- When enabled, system sound effects for certain events will also be reflected physically through haptics, such as moving focus, reaching the end limit of a scrollable section, checking a box, or when you receive a notification or start up a game. This optional feature enhances immersion and is particularly useful for players with some level of sight or hearing disability, who appreciate the additional feedback on their inputs.
- To turn on this feature, go to [Settings] > [Accessibility] > [Controllers], and then turn on [Haptic Feedback During Console Navigation].
Support for compatible Dolby Atmos-enabled audio devices
- 3D Audio powered by Tempest 3D AudioTech can now be enjoyed by those who own compatible Dolby Atmos-enabled HDMI devices such as soundbars, TVs or home theater systems. Tempest 3D AudioTech specifically renders to the Dolby Atmos audio device in use – including overhead channels – allowing for even greater levels of immersion in the audioscapes of PS5 games. ****
- To turn on Dolby Atmos, go to [Settings] > [Sound] > [Audio Output] > [Audio Format (Priority)], and then select [Dolby Atmos].
Social feature enhancements
- Party UI update. You can now invite a player into a closed party without automatically adding the player into the group or creating a new group. Additionally, players can now send open or closed party invitations to groups instead of only individual players.
- Share Screen Preview. When someone's sharing their screen in a party that you can join, you'll now see a preview image of their Share Screen, even before you enter the party.
- Join friends' game sessions easily. You can now easily see which of your friends are in an activity you can join under the [Friends] tab.
- The Joinable icon will be displayed next to friends who are playing a game you can join.
- You can join a friend's game directly by pressing the options button and selecting [Join Game], or by selecting the "Join" button on their profile card.
- Game Hub tournaments tile. In the game hub, you can now see how many tournaments you've entered and the highest place you've achieved, as well as the start time for the next tournament. You can select the tile to see the full tournament list.
- React to messages with emojis. You can now add reactions to messages with emojis, which makes communicating with friends quicker and easier.
- Search for games in your library. You can now search for games within your game library.
- View and download image "PS5 UI screenshot showing search results for "Astro" in game library"
- Game Help improvements. Game Help cards have been improved.*****
- In addition to in-progress activities, you can now see available, previously available, upcoming, and completed activities.
- When a card is selected, its details are now displayed on the right side of the card, making it easier to find objectives and their corresponding hints.
- View and download image "PS5 UI screenshot of Game Help card showing additional details of the activity"
- Discover new features. Browse useful tips for getting the most out of your PS5 and learn about new features in the new Discover Tips section.
- Go to [Settings] > [Guide & Tips, Health & Safety, and Other Information] > [Guide and Tips], and then select [Discover Tips] to view all the tips.
- View and download image "PS5 UI screenshot of Discover Tips section in the settings menu"
- Mute PS5 beep sound. You can now mute or adjust the volume of the PS5's beep sound when turning it on or off, or putting it in rest mode.
- Go to [Settings] > [System] > [Beep Sound].
- To adjust the beep sound volume, select [Volume].
- To mute the beep sound, turn on [Mute Beep Sound].
Support for larger-capacity M.2 SSDs
- You can now use an M.2 SSD with a maximum capacity of 8TB (up from the previous 4TB limit) to expand storage space on your PS5 console.
- Important: M.2 SSDs must meet the requirements outlined on this page. Please read the page linked above carefully before purchasing any M.2 SSDs for use with your PS5.
Added download mirror for Android, version 5.0.0
Recent PS Remote Play news
PS Remote Play is featured in...
Software similar to PS Remote Play 3
MAME is a multi-purpose emulation framework.
Download the latest firmware for your PlayStation.
The RPCS3 is dubbed one of the most complex video game console emulators of all time with an endless goal to effectively emulate the Sony PlayStation 3 and all of its aspects.