NOTE: this firmware cannot work with the old CD’s (earlier than CD version 2.0) that do not have the Smart Wizard 3.0 application.
Modifications and Bug Fixes:
- Fixed the DNS flooding issue.
- Supports Smart Wizard 3.2
- Added new timezones: GMT+5:30 & GMT+13.
- Added MAC clone/spoofing for PPPoE.
- Sometimes accessing a web site would get an incomplete page or a corrupt page, and sometimes a file downloaded is corrupt.
- When Daylight Saving is enabled, the filtering schedule works an hour later than expected.
- Some browsers (e.g. IE8) cannot work with the router GUI to do firmware upgrade.
- FVS114 VPN sometimes cannot pass through the router. To work around the problem, please make sure there is only one VPN client active on the LAN. If that still does not work, reboot the router and create the VPN connection right after the router boots up and before running any other application.
1. Download the file to a convenient place such as your desktop.
Note: Do not upgrade the firmware using a wireless connection. Please perform firmware upgrade with “wired” or Ethernet connection only.
2. Open a Web browser.
3. Access the router (https://192.168.1.1 or the Default Gateway address if the router's default IP was changed).
4. Log in the router (User Name = admin and Password = password, unless you changed it).
5. Write down all settings that you entered when previously configuring. (Usually this includes information such as ISP configuration and wireless security settings.)
6. Under Maintenance, click Router Upgrade.
7. Click Browse and locate the firmware upgrade file.
8. Click Upload.
9. Wait for the router to reboot.
10. Under Maintenance, click Settings Backup, then click Erase. (Or press the reset button on the back for 10 seconds.)
11. Wait one minute for the router to reboot.
12. Manually enter the configuration information you wrote down in Step 4.