- Reduced noise (horizontal lines) in movies shot with 1280×720; 60p or 1280×720; 50p selected for Frame size/frame rate.
- Fixed an issue with the camera freezing when the Clean image sensor option was used.
- An error message was added for retractable lenses such as the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18–55mm f/3.5–5.6G VR II. The message is displayed and the shutter release disabled when the lens is retracted.
- The Slower and Faster labels in the Hindi version of the ISO sensitivity settings > Minimum shutter speed > Autodisplay were reversed; the display has been changed to fix this issue.
- We have changed how photo Exif data displays the focal length in 35 mm format equivalent.
The following issues have been fixed:
- The camera would freeze when items were added to MY MENU (Add items).
- When AF-ON was assigned to the AE-L/AF-L button, the camera would under some conditions fail to focus when the button was pressed.
- Noise in the form of lines would sometimes appear in the bottom right corner of photos taken using HDR (high dynamic range).
How to update the camera firmware:
- Create a folder on the computer hard disk and name it as desired.
- Download F-D5200-V103W.exe to the folder created in Step 1.
- Run F-D5200-V103W.exe to extract the following file to a folder named “D5200Update”: D5200_0103.bin (the camera firmware)
- Using a card slot or card reader, copy “D5200_0103.bin” to a memory card that has been formatted in the camera.
- Insert the memory card into the camera and turn the camera on.
- Select Firmware version in the setup menu and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the firmware update.
- Once the update is complete, turn the camera off and remove the memory card.
- Confirm that the firmware has been updated to the new version.
Note: For more detailed instructions or information on the equipment needed to complete the update, download the following pdf file: