Test System Specs & SiSoftware Sandra
Core i7 Test System Specs
- Intel Core i7 965 Extreme Edition
- G.Skill 64GB
- G.Skill Titan 128GB
- Intel X25-M 80GB
- OCZ Vertex 120GB (Firmware v1275)
- Super Talent UltraDrive ME 64GB (Firmware v00.P98)
- Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 (64-bit)
- Nvidia Forceware 182.22 WHQL
The Samsung 640GB traditional hard drive produced a read result of 75MB/s, while the write performance was slightly lower at 64MB/s. Keeping in mind that the SiSoftware Sandra physical disk benchmark does not include random re-writes, we see that the standard G.Skill 64GB SSD does rather well here producing a read result of 153MB/s and a write result of 88MB/s.
The G.Skill Titan 128GB is just 8% faster than the standard G.Skill 64GB drive in the read test, and slower in the write test. On the other hand we have the Intel SSD X25‐M 80GB drive, which was 39% faster in the read test, while delivering similar write performance.
The new Indilinx Barefoot-based SSDs were impressive here, though the OCZ Vertex 120GB produced a significantly better write result when compared to the Super Talent UltraDrive ME 64GB.
- Ad-free TechSpot experience while supporting our work
- NEW Get a free copy of Superhot: Mind Control Delete, courtesy of GOG
- Our promise: All reader contributions will go toward funding more content
- That means: More tech features, more benchmarks and analysis