So you only have PCI slots and want to game?

S15-1024-11.jpg

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3422142&CatId=1603

I would of bought over the 8400GS 512MB PCI , but i didn't know. Thats why its good to look around lol. The 8400GS 512MB is cool tho, so i will use this for now. :)

Let us know when you get the sparkle8500gt.

I'd still like to see that Albatron 8600GT. If the Sparkle cards are showing up in the US, then maybe the Albatron cards will follow.

The Sparkle 8500 GT card is awesome and it's even more awesome we can get it in the US finally, (I speak from experience as I used to own one.) Now if only we could get the Albatron 8600 GT finally which is even better. Ne1 know if Albatron got their PCI cards compatible with most PCI slots yet?

I sold it on eBay so I wouldn't be playing video games on my PC and I kept my FX 5500 for surfing the net. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the 8500 GT and Tiger Direct is selling it for less than I paid for it. (I paid $153 dollars or so w/shipping and it is probably $110 or so w/shipping from Tiger.) I may get another one someday if I can't get a 8600 GT PCI before upgrading to a more current PC.

The FX5500 is one of the best Cards. The 8400GS didn't work too well on my rig, it actually took out my onboard sound, so i have to use sound cards now. Plus it seem weaker then the 2400 in performance. So my next pci cards to buy and test to see which is a great upgrade from my best PCI card , the bFG 6200, is going to be the Diamond X1550 or HISX1550 and the 8500GT Sparkle.

I would like to see those 3 PCI cards from albatron as well, but who knows what is going on.

Hey everyone

I have a choice between a Powercolor HD 2400 and HIS x1550, (if dollarshop,eu won't send me the sparkle 8500gt) what would be the best choice?

i think is worth watching, one little question is: this card does have a 22.6 GB of memory bandwidth?

youtube.com/watch?v=UKBzgDMF4TQ

I'm thinking of getting one but will this one be better than the HIS X1550?

I am going to buy the HIS X1550 very soon for testing. The Diamond 2400 is better then the powercolor or visiontek one, however the ati drivers are so bad right now, i would go with the X1550 because you can use the older ATI drivers with that card, the older ati drivers are better , because they use opengl better.

Hey everyone

I have a choice between a Powercolor HD 2400 and HIS x1550, (if dollarshop,eu won't send me the sparkle 8500gt) what would be the best choice?

I would stay away from the Powercolor and Visiontek 2400. I have the 2400, but its terrible for gaming, my BFG 6200 blows both out the water.

Buy the HIS X1550 , i am going to do so myself. Plus the core and memory clock is higher then the 2400HD. The HIS X1550 is more powerful , it has more bandwidth too.

:)

I don't know if the card has 22.6 of bandwidth, on the website it says it does, but who knows. I read of people who bought the card, but no information. I plan to buy it for testing and stuff, but not right now. My next card to buy is the X1550 HIS version.

I say go for the X1550 his, because of the older drivers which you can use, the new ati drivers makes new ATI cards sucks. My 2400 Visiontek would perform alot better if ATI would fix their drivers, but then again, maybe not, the 2400 line of cards really does suck.

I think the only good 2400 card is the diamond version to be honest.

I don't know if the card has 22.6 of bandwidth, on the website it says it does, but who knows. I read of people who bought the card, but no information. I plan to buy it for testing and stuff, but not right now. My next card to buy is the X1550 HIS version.

I say go for the X1550 his, because of the older drivers which you can use, the new ati drivers makes new ATI cards sucks. My 2400 Visiontek would perform alot better if ATI would fix their drivers, but then again, maybe not, the 2400 line of cards really does suck.

I think the only good 2400 card is the diamond version to be honest.

What if you went with Omega Drivers wouldn't that improve the gameplay?

To make it short and simple, ati drivers are not as good like they use to be. They removed alot of their opengl hardware extensions, for some odd reason they seem to want to focus on direct3d and not opengl. From what i can see tho, the 2400 line of cards is not for gaming, it plays some games good and others like crap, but it might help the card perform better if the drivers was better. The 2400 Diamond might be better, because diamond makes the best ati cards in my opinion, i had nothing but success with the 7000 and 9250. But then again, who knows, because the 4.3 drivers and up was great, but anything in the 8.1 and up is crap.

Omega drivers might improved, but the maker is taking a break and the older omega drivers are too outdated.

My next 2 cards to buy and test is the 8500GT and the X1550 tho.

Hey guys, type this in google:

PCI8600GTL

You can see more photos and information about the new card. They already sell them in japan at amazon.com jp

Tha General why is your account closed on Youtube. anyway what more PCI cards are out.

I deleted it, because that stupid 8400GS destroyed/wipe out my onboard sound. If you try recording games on a sound card and your computer is not too powerful, well it will decrease your performance. I am using sound cards, and recording games is bad. When i get my new computer in a few weeks or so, i will make another account and start uploading videos.

But i may come back sooner, because some games record just fine, but not alot of them, i will send you a message when i am back. :) That 8400gs btw was weaker in performance then my 2400 and 6200. Infact, i am back using the 6200, because the performance with the BFG 6200 OC is better then the 2400 and 8400GS.

I am buying and testing soon the Sparkle 8500GT & His X1550, trying to find a good upgrade from the cool 6200.

Anyways, to answer your next question.

The only recent PCI cards that came out is:

8500GT PCI, out of stock, people are buying them fast
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?In...003677&zmas=1&zmac=129&zmap=SFPC85GT256U2P-PB

8400GS
http://www.staples.com/office/supplies/p1__233569_Business_Supplies_10051_SC3:CG6:DP1928:CL140474

HIS 2400 512MB
http://www.hisdigital.com/html/product_ov.php?id=384&view=yes

Back