I think I need sound card drivers

kokochanel

So since I reinstalled windows I have no speakers at all :( I really need em cause I'm going crazy without my music lol. I've been told open up my computer and look inside and I looked at the motherboard (I guess?) and the name is QDI I also saw Superb 4E then after someone told me to download EVEREST ultimate edition so I did and my audio I saw its

Creative SB PCI128 (Ensoniq ES1370) Sound Card PCI

Please can someone give me a direct link, I've used google and clicked on EVERY page there is and still no help :( you'll be a live saver. Thanks
P.s I'm using windows XP

I've had a look and neither Ensoniq nor Creative list drivers newer than Windows 95/98/NT.

I would contact Creative directly and ask them the question.

@LookinAround

I looked under legacy, and also Ensoniq's list as well, kudos for finding it under sound blaster 128, I didnt think to check there. :)

I still didn't find nothing

:( nothing works guys.. I need a exact link.. one of you gave me one and I tried but didn't work *sighs*

The link LookinAround supplied is the direct link to the driver. If that doesn't work, your going to have to speak to Creative or Ensoniq.

Yea, i also thought the driver link above for PCI 128 should've done the trick.

Do you know if the sound hardware is actually being detected? (if sound hardware isn't detected no driver will ever work) Windows doesn't need drivers to simply "detect" Plug and Play hardware. Drivers are needed to use (not detect) PnP devices

Try this to see if any clues
List any Problem Devices
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Next
  • Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
  • In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)

This is it guys :(

this is for the msinfo32

C-Media AC97 Audio Device PCI\VEN_1039&DEV_7012&SUBSYS_06453411&REV_A0\3&61AAA01&0&17 This device cannot start.
PCI Device PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_AA28&SUBSYS_AA281043&REV_00\4&3525EC23&0&0108 The drivers for this device are not installed.
Video Controller (VGA Compatible) PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_95C6&SUBSYS_00281043&REV_00\4&3525EC23&0&0008 The drivers for this device are not installed.

The other part

I also think trying the driver jamesodriscoll suggested is good to do

Also, before you try installing it.. Look in Add/Remove Programs for any other AC97 or Sound card/driver install that might be listed. And if there, uninstall from Add/Remove programs first. After checking Add/Remove check Device Manager check if anything to uninstall still remains

In worst case, if all fails, you can get some pretty cheap USB sound cards these days if need be. Google usb sound card

Also, (and it think unrelated to your sound problem) it appears you have an ATI graphics card? But no drivers installed for it either?

/* EDIT */
btw.. i just happened to notice.. If you scroll to the bottom of the SB PCI 128 link, at the bottom right is a "scan for automatic updates" button. Have you tried that as well? in any case, be sure to check Add/Remove programs for any uninstalls before you try any new installs

jamesodriscoll

I downloaded it and it didn't give me any sound :(
Blah will I ever get any soundddd?! I need my speakers lmao

going to ask you to do a quick test first.

Can you unplug your Sound Card and plug your speakers into the Speaker socket on the mobo? noe see if you can get sounds this way.

James

@jamesodriscoll
You raise a good question. In fact, I can't tell for certain if koko's reported problem device Hardware ID is really the SB sound card or might just be the onboard sound chip
Code:
PCI\VEN_1039&DEV_7012&SUBSYS_06453411&REV_A0\3&61AAA01&0&17

@koko
You probably have more then one speaker jack on your computer (one for onboard sound and another connected to the addon SB card). Have you tried all the speaker jacks on your computer?

Also.. you never provided the dxdiag report requested earlier..

LookinAround

I plugged it in all the speaker jacks, the green and pink ones. and nothing works.
And what other report are you talking about? what do I have to do to get the report?

Below are instructions for you to generate reports to give us the info about your mobo and sound.

Let's also make sure your machine isn't set to block unsigned drivers could also be your problem
> Rt click My Computer->Properties, then Hardware tab then Driver Signing Button
> Is it set to Warn? Set Warn and check box for Make default action then OK
xpdriversign.gif

Attach a copy of the Everest Report
Download and run Everest Home. From top of Everest window:
  • Click File->Preferences
    • Check English
    • Still under Preferences click Report, uncheck Include Debug Information
    • Close Preferences window
  • Click Reports->Report Wizard. Get a Custom Report in plain text. Check items
    • Computer
    • Motherboard
    • Multimedia
  • Attach the report file to a TechSpot post. When you create your TechSpot post, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see it among your icons, you need to click the TechSpot Go Advanced button towards bottom of window)
Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
  • In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)

/* edit */
btw.. If you haven't done so yet, would be good and cautious to also create a System Restore point before you try installing any more drivers

Here is the everest part

--------[ Summary ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer:
Computer Type ACPI Uniprocessor PC
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional
OS Service Pack [ TRIAL VERSION ]
Internet Explorer 6.0.2900.2180 (IE 6.0 SP2)
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computer Name KOKOCHANEL
User Name Koko
Logon Domain [ TRIAL VERSION ]
Date / Time 2010-11-25 / 14:54

Motherboard:
CPU Type Intel Pentium 4, 2400 MHz (18 x 133)
Motherboard Name QDI Superb 4E (6 PCI, 1 AGP, 1 CNR, 3 DIMM, Audio)
Motherboard Chipset SiS 645DX
System Memory [ TRIAL VERSION ]
DIMM1: Kingston K 1 GB PC2100 DDR SDRAM (2.5-3-3-6 @ 133 MHz) (2.0-2-2-5 @ 100 MHz)
DIMM2: Nanya NT512D64S8HB1G-5T [ TRIAL VERSION ]
DIMM3: Nanya NT512D64S8HB1G-5T [ TRIAL VERSION ]
BIOS Type Award (11/20/02)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM2)
Communication Port RIM Virtual Serial Port v2 (COM3)
Communication Port RIM Virtual Serial Port v2 (COM4)
Communication Port Printer Port (LPT1)

Multimedia:
Audio Adapter ATI Radeon HDMI @ ATI RV620 - High Definition Audio Controller
Audio Adapter Creative SB PCI128 (Ensoniq ES1370) Sound Card
Audio Adapter Realtek ALC200(P)/ALC201(A) @ SiS 7012 Audio Device

Interesting... not the least of which is you have 3! sound cards on that machine. Two of which look like they're currently installed at this point (your onboard sound card plus the Creative SB PCI 128 card).

Your current default sound device is set to Realtek (which is the onboard sound card).
> I don't know why onboard sound shouldn't work but try you can also change your default sound to the Creative SB sound card

Scroll down to the footnotes in [post=926040]Reference Guide to Help Setup and Troubleshoot Windows Audio and Sound Cards[/post]
>See Footnote #4 for how to change default playback device.
> If still problems, see footnote #3. Test your sound by checking Windows sounds. Do windows sounds work on either sound card?​

/* edit */
And if you STILL have sound problems, are you sure your external speakers are working?? Can you try pluging in a headset other external device??

Note you can also use the Dxdiag sound tabs to test sound from your playback devices (you should see 2 tabs - one for each device)

OK Based on the Report you gave with the Audio Chipset maybe this driver will work.

This driver is for an old gigabyte motherboard which uses the SiS 7012 Chipset audio driver the same as yours.
http://oldweb.gigabyte.com.tw/support/d_sis.htm#sis7012

• When you need the FIRST driver on the list s7012.zip
  • Right Click and Save target as and save the driver to your desktop
  • Extract and install

Crossed fingers this will work

James

|You may aslo want to consider this driver (again from an old gigabyte site) whihc matches your Graphics VGA Chipset.
http://oldweb.gigabyte.com.tw/support/d_sis.htm#sis6xx_7xx

Scroll down the list undtil you see the heading
SIS 633/635/645/645DX/648/655/733/735 AGP Driver

Thi driver name is s6xx7xxagp.zip

Again right click save target as.

hope this helps
James

Back