Games crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Games crashing.

Hi,
i`m new here

Got a PC "issue",please help me(but i would appreciate if you would give me simple directions)
k...the problem is: i start a game:D and enjoy it until:( ,without any inf alert or anything(even from anti virus/spyware soft)it crashes!
And it doesnt happen to every game!Seems that is a 3D "issue"! anyway,just crashes and then i can play it again!! Ooo,and sometimes even programs stop for a while of crash(escpecially IE 6.0)!! I suspect that is a heat problem(DONT know for sure)
Everything is updated(drivers,software,Windows-through Auto Patcher);I have
Nod32 antivirus and Zone Alarm!
I have a GA-7N400 motherboard,1024 Mb RAM,AMD Athlon XP 2600+(works at~1.91Ghz),128 Mb Ati Radeon 9600 Pro,nVidia chipsets,Realtek LAN and audio driver! I also have HiJackThis!
Please help me!Ask me anything!
Rooke T:slurp:

[LEFT]Wanna say something more!!Ive seen a post with some guy who had a heatsink problem and he reinstalled it!!Well,i did the same,BUT(there is always a but)the temperature didnt drop,so i put the system cooler(cause i didnt have one for the system,just for the CPU);didnt solved much,dropped the temp just 2-6 degrees! My temp specs are:
CPU FAN speed:2120 ;temp:61-63 degrees <Not 100%(just 88%)
System FAN speed:2620 ;temp:47-49 degrees <sure of these specs
I dont have a smart FAN Control sys,nor a POWER FAN!
That`s all!!!Still Waiting
Rooke T:slurp: [/LEFT]

I'm confused. Perhaps you can state your problem more clearly.

What CPU? 61-63 might not be too bad depending on what CPU is involved.

You dropped 2-6 degrees CPU temp? Is 61-63 the temp after the drop?

Ideally reinstalling the heatsink should not lower your temps at all, because it should have been installed properly the first time. It wasn't if you got a 2-6 drop, but that also means it is likely installed properly this time.

Normally people put spaces after punctuation.

Rooke T,

going by your other thread here, you have an Athlon XP 2600+.

you didn't actually ask a question, so I'm not really sure what the problem is. if you're worried about your temps, don't be. Athlon XP's have a max operating temp of 95°C. 47°C-49°C is pefectly normal for stock air cooling on an A-XP (especially one of the higher models like the 2600+).

cheers :wave:

It's hard to read your question, You should learn to space out the words instead of havingthemlikethis :)

Other programs not responding for a while after the crash is probably just because the computer is still unloading resources. (that is, the computer is still working on closing the game for a while after the point where you can't see it anymore)

Would you mind sharing which games crash and which don't?

Medieval 2 total war freezes

Hello there,

Please, a little help: first I downloaded and installed the demo of Medieval Total War II. I've played the demo without any problem, so I went to the full version. But now, despite I also used the 1.1 patch, after a few moments playing any campaign, my computer freezes and I have to restart the machine.
Why the demo was so friendly and now the full version crashes always (no matter if I update all drivers and set game's graphics options to the minimum level)? I've checked all about pixel shader support, directX support... I think I got the requirements... here are my specs:
AMD Athlon 64 3200 (may be this is the problem?? 64 bits?)
2 GB RAM
e-GeForce 7300 GS (256 Mb)
Windows XP Pro SP2
The sound comes with the MSI platinum motherboard, I use the Realtec 5.10... driver (perhaps here's the problem, but the demo used the same hardware and never had any problem with it).
Many thanks for any help!

It appears that it wasn`t the heatsink or the cooler/s!
It was the memory!!I have a Dual Chanel DDR RAM(2 orange sockets and 2 blue;with Kingmax memory modules in it).First there were just two(in the two red sockets)Then,someone looked in my PC`s manual and said me to buy a 512 Mb memory(my dad bought it,but it wasnt compatible because it was too big and it was from Sycron-sorry for the comercials).So we bought another 2 memories of 256 Mb each(we put them in the blue sockets)!Now it almost works perfectly!
The temp is still over 60 degrees C - but it works just fine.
Thanks for helping me!But it appears that I helped myself!
Buh-bye,Rooke T! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back