Sign up for a new account or log in here:
A utility for any serious windows tweaker.
The utility for any serious Windows tweaker! Change hundreds of registry settings from Windows XP, improving appearance, performance and functionality. Prevent others from changing your settings, increase Windows security. Lock down Control Panel applets, Internet Explorer options, even choose which applications can or can't be run on the computer.
You can change Windows XP system performance, by selecting to keep the Windows XP core system in memory, and not paged to disk (advisable only if you have 512MB RAM or more). You can also optimize the CPU and memory usage for Programs, System cache or background services.
You can also use Tweaking Toolbox XP to add "unremovable" Windows components (such as Microsoft Messenger) to "Add or Remove Programs" and uninstall these components after all.
Use Tweaking Toolbox XP to change the time interval of the Internet Time Synchronization feature.
When you are logged into a Windows XP administrator account, Tweaking Toolbox XP can adjust settings for all users on the local machine without logging into each user account separately. Just select which user profile you want to change the settings for, and off you go.
- Access many hidden Windows registry settings to improve Windows appearance, performance and functionality.
- Keep others from changing your settings.
- Remove useless clutter (even "unremovable" Windows components).
- Make Windows XP work the way you want it to.
- Increase Windows security.
- Windows XP administrator account can adjust settings for all users on the local machine without logging into each user account separately.
- Import / Export Tweaking Toolbox XP Settings.
- Lock down Internet Explorer settings & features.
- Change or restrict access to hundreds of Windows settings.
- Change the time interval of the Internet Time Synchronization feature.
- Change or restrict the Windows Start menu and Taskbar.
- Restrict access to certain Control Panel functions.
- Allow removal of "unremovable" Windows components.
- Run only allowed applications, or restrict specific applications.
- Change Windows folder locations.
Version 2.20 is a minor update, which includes:
* FIX: Clicking "Shortcut Overlay" or "Colors" under the "Explorer" menu didn't change the "Description" to that item.
* FIX: minor fix to Export / Import TTXP settings.
* FIX: "Don't show scroll button tooltip" from "Tweaking Toolbox XP Settings" wasn't working.
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.