FileZilla is a small but powerful FTP client with many features. it includes a site manager to store all your connection details and logins as well as an Explorer style interface that shows the local and remote folders and can be customized independently.
The program offers support for firewalls and proxy connections as well as SSL and Kerberos GSS security.
Additional features include keep alive, auto ascii/binary transfer and more. A nice program for beginners and advanced user alike. For Installation and Setup click on the link.
Download notes: Alternatively you can the latest FileZilla cliente here for Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Ability to resume Uploads/Downloads (if the server supports it)
- Custom Commands
- Site Manager with folders
- Keep Alive system
- Timeout detection
- Firewall support
- SOCKS4/5 and HTTP1.1 Proxy support
- SSL secured connections
- SFTP support
- Upload/Download Queue
- Multi-language support
- GSS authentication and encryption using Kerberos
- TCP send buffer auto-tuning
- Performance improvements to reduce CPU usage under high load
- Disabled IDEA and SEED ciphers for FTP over TLS
Bugfixes and minor changes:
- Fixed potential crash if closing connections with pending socket messages
- A missing home directory is no longer treaded like an empty directory