FileZilla is a small but powerful FTP client with many features. it includes a site manager to store all your connection details and logins as well as an Explorer style interface that shows the local and remote folders and can be customized independently.
The program offers support for firewalls and proxy connections as well as SSL and Kerberos GSS security.
Additional features include keep alive, auto ascii/binary transfer and more. A nice program for beginners and advanced user alike. For Installation and Setup click on the link.
Download notes: Alternatively you can the latest FileZilla cliente here for Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Ability to resume Uploads/Downloads (if the server supports it)
- Custom Commands
- Site Manager with folders
- Keep Alive system
- Timeout detection
- Firewall support
- SOCKS4/5 and HTTP1.1 Proxy support
- SSL secured connections
- SFTP support
- Upload/Download Queue
- Multi-language support
- GSS authentication and encryption using Kerberos
- Self-signed certificates created with FileZilla Server are now signed using SHA-256
- Interface settings (as opposed to server settings) are now stored in %APPDATA%/FileZilla Server
- Increased maximum IP filter size for users and groups by 50%
- The administration protocol now allows up to 16 million users and groups
Bugfixes and minor changes
- Fix sporadic crashes when using FTP over TLS
- Fix timestamps in LIST output being off up to 7 minutes in extreme cases
- Speed up querying file attributes
- Auoban did not work over IPv6
- Fixed selection in user list sort dropdown behind the corresponding toolbar button