Camino 2.1 Beta 2 for Mac OS X
Camino is a web browser for Mac OS X that has a Cocoa user interface, and embeds the Gecko layout engine.
Camino is intended to be a simple, small and fast browser for Mac OS X.
* Alternatively you can download the latest non-beta version of this software.
Camino is still in the beta stage of its development.
It is stable enough to use day-to-day, but you may still encounter bugs. You should always keep backup copies of important data that you use with Camino (e.g. your bookmarks file).
Camino is a web browser optimized for Mac OS X with a Cocoa user interface, and powerful Gecko layout engine. It's the simple, secure, and fast browser for Mac OS X.
Camino practices the art of simplicity with an uncluttered user interface but with the features you expect from a modern browser like tabbed browsing and pop-up blocking settings.
Integrated with Google, Camino's Google search field lets you find what you need faster. We take your security and privacy seriously. That's why Camino comes with advanced cookie settings.
Camino also helps you recognize when entering and leaving secure web sites. One of the fastest browsers on MacOS X -innovative features enhance what you get out of the internet. The power behind Camino is the Gecko rendering engine, built and tested by thousands of volunteers, incorporating the absolute cutting edge in web innovations.
- A bookmark manager with integrated Rendezvous, Address Book (on OSX 10.2+), Top 10 list and Search
- Google Search bar
- Session history on back/forward buttons
- Greatly improved cookie management
- A more compact download manager
- Allow list (white-list) for popup blocking
- Incremental Find-As-You-Type
- Upgrades the Gecko HTML rendering engine from Mozilla 1.0 to Mozilla 1.7, resulting in performance, stability, and rendering improvements.
- Fixed several critical security and stability issues, including those fixed in version 126.96.36.199 of the Mozilla Gecko rendering engine.
- Upgraded the bundled Java Embedding Plugin to version 0.9.5+g.
- The “Reset Camino…” command will now reset minimized windows.
- Fixed an issue where Cmd-B would fail to act as a toggle in some cases.
- Further improved ad-blocking.
Alternatively you can download the latest stable version of this software.
From the Forums
Subscribe to TechSpot
Get free exclusive content, learn about new features and breaking tech news.